We’re looking for some great new people again.
Would be great if you could give us some visibility for our search.
Candidates can simply send CV and (e)mail of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
More details in the links or text below
Python Predictions – Bruxelles Woluwe-Saint-Pierre
|Python Predictions is a Brussels-based consulting firm founded in 2006 and specialized in data science and predictive analytics. We are currently looking for data scientists.
- In-company data science projects for our clients
- Contribute to explorative, descriptive and predictive analysis
Required skills or education
- Proven interest and skills in data science and analytics
- Proven interest and skills in at least one analytical programming language
- Work flexibly in rapidly changing environments
- Good visualisation and communication skills
- Understand business problems
- Analytical mindset
- Open minded
- Critical of the output produced
- Working knowledge of Dutch, French and English
How to apply?
Send us your curriculum vitae and brief letter of motivation.We need both documents in order to consider your application.
Why should you apply for a position at Python Predictions? We believe we understand as no others what makes analysts tick. We believe that successful analysts must possess and develop a number of very distinct skills, ranging from social to technical, from intuitive to analytical. Putting these skills to work on real-life analytical projects is rewarding. And we provide a stimulating environment with focus on innovation and cooperation. Find our more about our activities on www.pythonpredictions.com
Job Type: Full-time
DON’T Miss the 3rd/6 evening of preparation for the Text Mining hackathon (17/6) it is probably the most important one.
Tonight the experts of Euroclear will explain how they do Text mining and the business experts will be there to assist you and explain the dataset you have received to prepare yourself.
Next preparation meetings:
- 1/6 – Euroclear
- 8/6 – SAS mining technologies
- 9/6 – Python’s NLTK
- 15/6 closer look at Timi
The European Data Innovation Hub is proud to present the Euroclear Hackathon.
Euroclear is a leader in the financial services industry. Together with Euroclear, we are organising a Text Mining Hackathon. The aim will be to identify key fields in unstructured financial legal documentation.
Data consists in thousands of legal documents available through our platform. Access will be provided upon signature of a standard NDA.
We will have the support of Euroclear data scientists to understand the approaches used and for the text mining of financial legal documentation.
SAS will offer us the acces to their environment in order to make this exercise possible.
Each participant and team can use its own tools to build a solution.
You are kindly invited to the engagement event with the specialists from Euroclear on Thursday 21st at 15:30 here at the Hub.
We will have 3 preparation meetings prior to the hackathon.
This 36h hackathon will start on Friday June 17th 12:00 take place at the di-Academy.
Please register using the following link: http://di-academy.com/event/dihack-36h-sprint-hackathon-on-text-mining-nlp/
Internship at PrediCube
Experience: Intern Level
Job Function: Information Technology
Employment Type: One to three months
We are looking for an enthusiast intern who is interested in learning about text mining, topic modeling and segmentation for a growing and exciting startup. We offer a dynamic experience on the 19th floor of the KBC tower in Antwerp.
If you have good technical skills and you are interested in working on a system that analyzes 1 billion records on a daily basis to build dozens of predictive models, you are our man or woman!
Technology: Linux, Python, data science
Affection for data & numbers
Ethical reflex concerning privacy-friendly analytics
Make sure that you are a member of the Brussels Data Science Community linkedin group before you apply. Join here.
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to email@example.com .
To learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More Jobs ?
Click here for more Data related job offers.
Join our community on linkedin and attend our meetups.
Follow our twitter account: @datajobsbe
Stay up to date and join us on our monthly Meetups:
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.
Follow our courses to boost your datascience skills ?
The European Data Innovation Hub organizes trainings and hands-on workshops about bigdata and datascience.
Here is the agenda:
IT Linguist for the European Commission
Recently DataFlow/ONE Agency has won a big contract (NovaComm) at the European Commission with an estimated budget of 70 million. In the next 4 years the NovaComm-team will help the European Commission to achieve its objectives by providing services for development and management of websites and other digital communication channels.
We are now looking for a motivated IT Linguist to join our NovaComm team working at the premises of the European Commission (DG ConnEct) in Brussels. You will assist in building Futurium, a revolutionary policy-making platform, including front-end participatory tools, knowledge harvesting etc. The objective of Futurium is to change the EU way of doing politics by involving citizens through the leverage of state-of-the art IT tools.
- You will define and implement text mining algorithms to extract and correlate knowledge from unstructured data (e.g. from social media networks).
- You will perform semantic search, sentiment analysis, fact finding,…
- You will work together with the universities of KUL/UCL and Université de Namur.
- Based on your expertise in IT Linguistics you make suggestions that improve the Futurium project.
- You have an academic background in Computational Linguistics, AI or a combination of Computer Science and Linguistics.
- You have experience with programming (complex) algorithms (e.g. in the context of a PhD/thesis)
- You have at least two years experience (academic) experience on one or multiple of the following IT linguistic domains:
· Semantic search
· Data mining
· Text mining
· Sentiment analysis
· Fact finding
Experience with unstructured data is a plus.
You are capable of integrating smoothly in an international environment, self-starting rapidly and are a valuable team player.
You have excellent diplomatic, negotiation and communicative skills.
You are able to explain and justify technical choices to a non-technical audience.
You can speak and write English fluently.
A challenging position until at least end 2014 (as a freelancer or an employee) at the European Commission, working on highly influential websites (30 million monthly visitors) within a multi-cultural environment.
- You will be working at the premises of DG ConnEct in Brussels.
- An open corporate culture that values communication and human interaction.
- Together with our competence manager you determine your individual career path.
- Regular technical workshops and trainings are offered enabling you to obtain certificates.
- Close follow-up by the internal team.
- Numerous social team and business events.
- Dedication and professional talent are rewarded with a competitive salary and extra-legal advantages such as company car, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers ….
Haasrode Research Park
Lien Vander meiren
016 65 20 16
IT Linguist for the European Commission