Big Industries (a Cronos Company) works together with you to translate your ideas into workable Big Data solutions that will create measurable value for your organisation.
Implementing the solution using proven big data technologies from industry leading vendors, integrating only the most appropriate, effective and sustainable technologies to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Big Industries helps to assess, identify and integrate effective refinements in order to increase the value that big data solutions bring.
We are fulfillment partners for Cloudera and MapR, the premiere Hadoop distributions, for BeLux and offer expert consulting, systems integration and tailored application development with knowledge and experience across a broad range of industries.
Hadoop, Big Data, Systems Integration, Consulting, HBase, Spark, MapReduce, SolrCloud, Impala, Kafka
As a Big Data Developer you will work in a team building big data solutions. You will be developing, maintaining, testing and evaluating big data solutions within organisations. Generally you will be working on implementing complex and large scale big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualizing large datasets to turn raw data into insights using multiple toolsets, techniques and platforms.
Team player – embraces change, able to adapt to working in varied software delivery environments. Can-do attitude, pragmatic, results-oriented – lateral thinker.
Mandatory experience & skills
- Computing or Mathematics diploma, or 4 years experience active work experience within systems integration teams.
- Thorough understanding of Java, and solid grasp of software development best practises.
- Experience using hadoop and related technologies (eg. pig, hive, spark, impala), ideally with popular hadoop data processing pipeline patterns and technologies (cascading, crunch, oozie).
- Willing to work to become Cloudera Developer certified.
- Development exposure on both cloud and classic compute environments.
- Very good Linux systems and Linux shell scripting knowledge.
Here is the original jobpost .