Would you like to work for a company in motion? Then you’ve come to the right place! Here you can get better acquainted with our Belgacom Group (your employer) and especially the Proximus brand with which you will work.
As Belgium’s largest telco/ICT player we have one main priority: making sure that all private and professional clients can communicate always and everywhere, so this includes you and your close friends!
Our Technology Business Unit (TEC) makes up our nerve centre. Here you’ll find a wide array of expertise domains: IT, Network & Engineering. Driven by a true passion for technology this unit ensures a seamless delivery of products and services to our end customers (fixed and mobile telephony, internet, digital TV, …). At the same time, this unit puts a clear emphasis on innovative technologies (4G, FON spot, cloud computing & green data centres, e-health ,…).
Our customers make good use of these innovative services, which also generate an important increase in data. In the Enterprise Business Intelligence team within the Technology department we work to strengthen our ability to quickly and efficiently deal with large amounts of (un)structured data.
This results in several challenges for the IT infrastructure:
• handle this flood of data in an efficient and effective way
• put the data at the disposal of marketing and sales for further analysis.
In this position you will:
• Join a team responsible for the engineering and exploitation of large dataset collection and processing on a Hadoop based platform.
• Involved in the architecture, designing and rolling out of the new Hadoop platform itself.
• Direct new or existing data streams efficiently on to the new platform and make it available for analytical purposes.
• Provide, where necessary, integration with the existing data warehouse environment.
Are you someone with passion? Are you hands-on? Is respect an absolute requirement for you? Then you’ve come to the right place.
• Thorough knowledge of Hadoop and related technologies (Hortonworks, HBase, MapReduce, Storm, Hive, Samza, Kafka …) in order to define a right architecture and set-up for a given problem.
• Several years of experience with demonstrated success in using Hadoop based systems for collecting, transforming, processing and making large data sets ready for analytics.
• Several years of experience in:
• Scripting (Perl, Python, R, …)
• NoSQL principles and systems (document stores, graph databases, KVP stores …)
• Parallel data processing (MPP) and tuning
• Statistical Modeling
• BI tools (Informatica, MicroStrategy), databases (Teradata, Oracle), data warehousing and analytics
• ETL principles and real-time processing of large amounts of data
• You work smoothly together in a team
• You can handle the pressure from multiple agile projects in parallel
• You articulate your ideas clearly and concisely, both written and spoken.
• You know how to effectively communicate complex subjects to management and internal customers.
• You work independently,
• You are meticulous and results-driven
• English required, with Dutch and / or French preferred
• Master degree or equivalent by experience
You’ll be part of a large company where complex, high-tech products and services go hand in hand with innovation. This makes our company an ideal learning environment endorsed by its relentlessly changing nature. Continuously developing your talents? Growing towards an expert or leader role? Lifelong learning? Keeping a healthy work/life balance in exchange for your commitment? Here you can achieve it all, the choice is yours. We also strongly believe in the unique added value of diversity. In return for your engagement, drive and passion, you can count on an attractive and comprehensive reward package.
Proximus is a brand of the Belgacom Group. More info? Visit http://www.belgacom.com/jobs. See you soon!