Given the topic of the meetup next Thursday, I think the following job opportunity might be relevant to post on your blog 🙂
At Sentiance we’re looking for a data scientist with experience in market segmentation:
However, we always welcome applications of junior candidates too!
Thanks, and hope to see you thursday!
twitter id: @sentiance
As an experienced data analyst, you are ready to kick-off a new adventure in a fast-paced environment where you can work with the latest machine learning technologies and data science tools.
- You will be part of our Data Science Team and you are passionate about machine learning and data analysis.
- Using advanced data analytics, you will form hypotheses and draw meaningful insights about user behavior and user segmentation. As a marketing data scientist, you will explore relations between users and their preferences, discover interesting segments, perform advanced clustering and dimensionality reduction techniques.
- You will carry out research that will improve our general understanding of our users, and communicate your findings to other team members in order to initiate new platform development cycles.
- You will apply your statistical and mathematical background to real-life big-data problems, and use your machine learning knowledge on a day to day basis.
- You will work closely & interact with our Data Engineering Team as your work is used to improve our models and is pushed through our release process.
- Your main objectives will be the design and implementation of data mining and analysis algorithms and the communication of reports and quality metrics for current production processes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- You have a masters degree or PhD in computer science or related field.
- You are an expert in advanced analytics and are experienced in hypothesis testing.
- You possess a deep understanding of clustering, manifold learning and predictive modeling techniques.
- You have good knowledge of and experience with any of Python, Matlab or R.
- You have a strong mathematical background and analytical mindset.
- You are fluent in English. Dutch is a plus.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is essential.
Experience with any of the following is considered a plus:
- Advanced Python knowledge and experience
- Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib
- Experience with Spark or the Hadoop eco-system
- Machine learning, data mining, data visualization
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Send your job application today!
More Jobs ?
Improve your skills:
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Here are some training highlights for the coming months:
- Jan Wijffels has scheduled a full R course in September.
- Geert Verstaeten is repeating his executive class on predictive analytics on Oct 1st.
- Rik Van Bruggen is organizing a full day of Graphs training with Neo4j.
- Elie Jesuran is organizing a workshop about building an intelligent twitterbot.
- Andy Petrella is organizing a 3 day Apache Spark course.
- Fabien Janssens is doing a hands-on workshop on Elasticsearch.
- Frank Vanden Berghen is will explain the ins and outs of Timi and Anatella in October.
Check out the full agenda here.
Join the experts at our Meetups:
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.