ARTYCS is a start-up providing advisory services on Big Data strategy, full end-to-end management and delivery of data analytics projects and sourcing of data science related profiles.
ARTYCS stands for “The Art of Analytics”. This represents our main values i.e. state of the art analytics skills combined with creativity and innovation in a client oriented mindset.
At ARTYCS, we invest in Research & Development to work with the latest methods and technologies.
Being part of ARTYCS is the will to progress, to be an entrepreneur and to grow as an individual and as a company.
Becoming an employee at ARTYCS means working in a dynamic environment where there is room for new ideas and entrepreneurship.
At ARTYCS, we know that being a Data Scientist requires an extended set of key skills. We know also that Data Science is a dynamic field. For this reason, we are committed in developing our staff through an active Data Science Development Program. Concretely, this means that during your career at ARTYCS, you will be provided with a development plan that will clearly state the list of trainings you will follow and their timing, the development points for which you will receive coaching from our senior management on a regular basis, the data science events you will attend. With this program, we aim not only at developing our Data Scientists but also at ensuring that they are at the forefront of Data Science.
For one of our clients, a key player in financial services based in Brussels, we are looking for a Data Scientist. This is an exciting and challenging position as the candidate will join a dynamic, successful and rapidly growing team responsible for handling a large variety of Big Data business use cases. The candidate will be key in delivering the business use cases and expanding the reach of the team.
In this context ARTYCS is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to integrate our DS team, to take part to studies at clients and to be an active resource in the growth of the company:
- Ability to learn quickly, adjust to changes and think outside the box
- Creativity, curiosity and no non-sense approach
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and confident
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with customers to identify and clarify requirements and ways to meet needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, good customer relationship skills
- Stay abreast of new tools and technologies to practice up-to-date data analytics strategies
- Master’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field
- Strong experience with high-level programming languages such Python & R
- Knowledge on Java and Scala is an asset
- Work experience using applied machine learning or statistical modelling; knowledge of algorithms spanning clustering, regression, classification, mixture models, etc…
- Experience with command line tools, relational databases (i.e. SQL), data visualization (Shiny, and version control (i.e. git)
- Broad based understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with Open Source big data technologies like Spark, Pig, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Storm
- Knowledge of data extraction and ETL is a must
- Knowledge of financial sector is a plus
Description of the position
- Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
For this position, we offer an attractive salary package including benefits (e.g. lunch vouchers, phone, company car, etc) and a variable part, depending on the seniority of the candidate.
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
More Jobs ?
Improve your skills:
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Check out the full agenda here.
Video channel and e-learning:
Follow the link to subscribe to our video channel.
Join the experts at our Meetups:
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.