What will your responsibilities be?
In a changing market environment, where customer needs are more diverse and customer expectations are more personalized, KBC group wants to optimally use the growing “data footprint” of the market to become more customer centric and become a reference in data analytics. Ultimately, we aim to transform our business into a data driven group. KBC therefore wants to attract capabilities that are highly advanced in exploiting, analysing and modelling data.
What do we expect from you?
- Feeding local Business Units with unknown insights based on data and assisting them with the commercial activation of these insights
- Analytical work on a portfolio of initiatives
- Testing commercial hypothesis as suggested by Business Units or from within the own group
- Becoming the reference for Big Data expertise within the Group with regards to Data Analysis & Modelling
Louvain, with regular trips to other KBC headquarters internationally.
What are your key strengths?
- A passion of working with data
- Enterpreneur spirit
- Open minded; willing to learn and look for alternative solutions
- Dynamic and hard working
You have finished your Master’s degree or PhD in Mathematics, Applied Science, Computer Science, Statistic, Physics, Econometrics, Actuary, or comparable field.
0-2 years’ experience in the field:
- Our ideal candidate is passionate about working with data, professionally or in leisure time.
- SQL, OLAP, JSON, XML have no more secrets for you.
- You are able to manage and analyse large data sets with analytic rigor by using statistical methods such as Exploratory data analysis, Bayesian statistics, Probability Theory, Regression, Correlation, Monte Carlo, hypothesis testing.
- You are familiar with programs like Python/R/SPSS, Web scraping, Java, .NET, C#.
- Previous experience or proven interest in machine learning, data/text mining, data ingestion, supervised/unsupervised learning predictive algorithms, classifiers, association, regression, Trees, KNN are a plus.
- Ideally, you will possess a wide range of technical skills and highly proficient in turning data discoveries into insights for the business.
- Knowledge in the field of financial services, marketing or client behavior is an advantage (banking industry, telecom)
- A great drive and You challenge your colleagues and yourself.
- Constant learning and adapting to a fast-paced environment. Where persistence, innovation, natural curiosity, pragmatic and creativity for problem solving are the key words.
- You have excellent communication skills, can clearly present and visualize your work to others. You can clearly communicate the outcomes of complicated analyses. Making complex things simple without dropping the essence of the problem.
- This unique combination makes you a good team player, but you are also able to work independently on different cases.
What can we offer you?
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career,
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities,
- many different career opportunities,
- a permanent contract,
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products,
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life,
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Send your job application today!
Apply by following this link.
More Jobs ?
#datascience training programmes
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Here are some training highlights for the coming months:
- Jan Wijffels has scheduled a full R course in September.
- Geert Verstaeten is repeating his executive class on predictive analytics on Oct 1st.
- Rik Van Bruggen is organizing a full day of Graphs training with Neo4j.
- Elie Jesuran is organizing a workshop about building an intelligent twitterbot.
- Andy Petrella is organizing a 3 day Apache Spark course.
- Fabien Janssens is doing a hands-on workshop on Elasticsearch.
- Frank Vanden Berghen is will explain the ins and outs of Timi and Anatella in October.
Check out the full agenda here.
Have you been to our Meetups yet ?
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.