Job – ING – FUNCTIONAL LEAD ANALYST – BIG DATA/DATA WAREHOUSE
Are you looking for…
a position in which you could take the lead to deliver functional designs, specifications and Data models in a high performing varied IT team. You can help us to build the new target solution data hub of ING
Are you someone who is …
– Analytically minded and with a sense for detail
– Structured and organised
– Excellent Communicator and has good listening skills
– Capable of taking the lead and cutting through the knots to provide a global functional solution
– Team Player
– Capable of adapting to different people profiles and different environments
And you also have…
– Master’s level or equivalent by experience
– Medior plus experience (5 years) or more in Functional analysis
– Excellent working knowledge of English and preferably good knowledge of French and/or Dutch
– Excellent affinity with IT and certainly with IT functional concepts
– Knowledge of financial sector is a plus
– Relevant experience in Datawarehousing/Data modelling:
o Data Requirements and semantic analysis
o Data scoping and Logical Data modelling
o Physical Data modelling derivation
o Data architecture concepts
o Process flow/data flow/ETL type functional analysis experience
o Knowledge of industry models (in particular IFW/BDW) is a major plus
… then you are our new Functional Lead Analyst
As a Functional Lead analyst, you will be responsible for leading functional support and lead coordination on our brand new Data Integration Layer data hub. This is built around a central industry standard Banking Data Warehouse model and is in full expansion for the coming years. This function requires varied skills and many contacts with different types of stakeholders and contact points both on the technical and business sides.
Your role …
As lead Data Modelling functional analyst your main tasks are the following :
– You take the lead in defining the functional specifications (both central Data modelling as the ETL feeds) of projects in the Data Integration domain and coordinate these deliverables for a small team of analysts which is destined to grow and expand.
– You lead the Data modelling guidelines and manage the central data model
– You ensure functional guardianship of the domain and ensure solutions are future-proof
– You participate in user requirements and deliver functional analysis, advice and guidance
– You ensure functional testing or coordinate correct execution of it
– You follow-up execution of small projects and changes under your responsibility
– You document your applications
– You deliver functional support (functional questions, incidents, recurrent problem..) and ensure correct communication to all stakeholders
Your work environment at ING …
ING Belgium is, as the first universal direct bank, a strong player on the Belgian market. The bank provides its customers with a wide rang of financial products and services via the distribution channel of their choice (click and face). Customers of ING Belgium are as well retail and private banking clients, as well as small, medium and large enterprises.
ING IT is actually a business in itself. It employs up to 9,000 IT professionals from the Netherlands and Belgium. Within each business unit of ING you will meet our IT people. All these IT specialists have an important role: in a highly complex and dynamic world, the IT people make the bank work.
For this vacancy, the functional analyst will work within ‘Group services/Service and Solution Delivery teams Data Integration’.
This entity delivers BI (Business Intelligence) type IT solutions to the support departments of ING (Finance, Risk, Marketing…). The vacancy is in a team ensuring the support of existing BI applications. Team members also actively participate in projects elaborating new BI applications of which the new Data Integration data hub for which a central competence centre is being setup.