DON’T Miss the 3rd/6 evening of preparation for the Text Mining hackathon (17/6) it is probably the most important one.
Tonight the experts of Euroclear will explain how they do Text mining and the business experts will be there to assist you and explain the dataset you have received to prepare yourself.
Next preparation meetings:
- 1/6 – Euroclear
- 8/6 – SAS mining technologies
- 9/6 – Python’s NLTK
- 15/6 closer look at Timi
The European Data Innovation Hub is proud to present the Euroclear Hackathon.
Euroclear is a leader in the financial services industry. Together with Euroclear, we are organising a Text Mining Hackathon. The aim will be to identify key fields in unstructured financial legal documentation.
Data consists in thousands of legal documents available through our platform. Access will be provided upon signature of a standard NDA.
We will have the support of Euroclear data scientists to understand the approaches used and for the text mining of financial legal documentation.
SAS will offer us the acces to their environment in order to make this exercise possible.
Each participant and team can use its own tools to build a solution.
You are kindly invited to the engagement event with the specialists from Euroclear on Thursday 21st at 15:30 here at the Hub.
We will have 3 preparation meetings prior to the hackathon.
This 36h hackathon will start on Friday June 17th 12:00 take place at the di-Academy.
Please register using the following link: http://di-academy.com/event/dihack-36h-sprint-hackathon-on-text-mining-nlp/
Laurent Fayet, Business Intelligence and Analytics Leader, is recruiting ! You cancontact him directly if you have questions.
The ADM ( Application Development and Maintenance) division ensures Euroclear’s competitiveness by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the financial securities markets.
The Data Analytics team is responsible for all Big Data and Analytics related matters throughout the organization and is looking for a new Data Scientist.
The team is in charge of collecting, analysing and reporting data in the context of Advanced Analytics.
As our new Data Scientist, you:
• should fully adhere to the curious, collaborative and innovative mindset of the team,
• play a key role in transforming a business question or gap into deliverables such as analytical tools, predictive models, etc.
• generate actionable insight for business users,
• use methods, amongst others, such as machine learning, natural language processing, fuzzy matching, etc.
• are flexible enough to manage multi-dimensional data sources and formats as well as a large panel of Analytics techniques commonly applied in Operational, Risk and client Analytics.
As a Data Scientist at Euroclear, you work in close collaboration with internal business users to provide them with extended business insight serving their purposes. Your core objectives are to create value out of data and to experiment new technologies in order to develop capabilities within the company.
In order to reach these objectives, you will:
• Manipulate internal and external data sources and conduct Data Analysis in order to produce quality and actionable outputs in a timely manner (+/- 8 weeks per case)
• Build models to process varied and massive data sets using Big Data technologies,
• Build tools for enhanced data visualization and trend reporting
• Deliver Analytics results and tools as intelligence that is actionable by business end-users
• Actively participate in the assessment of the evolution of the Euroclear Analytics platform in terms of softwares.
• Contribute to new ideas (products) development and piloting
• You are able to learn quickly, adjust to changes and think outside the box
• You have a strong interest in financial industry business. A previous experience in the financial sector back office will be considered as an asset
• You have good verbal/written and inter-personal skills
• You are self-motivated and confident with a positive attitude,
• You have excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to details
• You are willing to develop innovative, re-usable tools that can be leveraged by business units across the firm
• You stay abreast of new tools and technologies to practice up-to-date data analytic strategies
Your qualifications are the following:
• Master’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field
• 2+ years of experience in data analysis
• 2+ years of experience with open source statistical programming languages (i.e. R)
• Experience in data transformation
• Familiarity with data mining techniques
• Work experience using applied machine learning or statistical modelling; knowledge of algorithms spanning clustering, regression, classification, mixture models, graphical models, Bayesian statistics, and probabilistic modelling
• Experience with command line tools, relational databases (i.e. SQL), data visualization, and version control (i.e. git)
Make sure that you are a member of the Brussels Data Science Community linkedin group before you apply. Join here.
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Here is the link to the original job add.
Please Apply Online
More Jobs ?
Click here for more Data related job offers.
Join our community on linkedin and attend our meetups.
Follow our twitter account: @datajobsbe
Stay up to date and join us on our monthly Meetups:
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.
Why don’t you follow these courses to boost your datascience skills ?
The European Data Innovation Hub organizes trainings and hands-on workshops about bigdata and datascience.
Here is the agenda:
Join over 200 professionals this Wednesday (20/5) for your monthly Meetup – VUB – Aula QD – 18:30.
Data Science in the Banking world
Bart Hamers has composed a splendid agenda for this meetup:
We will start at 18:30 with an activity update:
- 10 weeks applied datascience bootcamp starting in October,
- our visit to Strata London,
- our new 400m² office Space and training centre,
- about our team winning 3rd prize in the epilepsy hackathon organized by UCB
- more about the success of our our Mooc coaching activities,
- something about our coming trip to California and much more …
- Call for candidates to set up a management team for next season
- Call for presentation for next Meetup about privacy, security etc …
Followed by Presentations from:
• Introduction by Bart Hamers (Dexia), Data Sciences in Banking
• KUL: Bart Baesens/Véronique Van Vlasselaer: Gotch’all! Advanced Network Analysis for Detecting Groups of Fraud
• Euroclear : more details about the projects presented during the Data Innovation Summit
• ING : Data Science and (Advanced) Predictive Analytics @ ING
• Data Science Governance, my 6 principles. Bart Hamers
• Belgian startup track: Presentation of Data Camp
• Any member is welcome to present a topic , share valuable insight at the end of each meetup.
And our usual networking sessions will be held in the Kulturkaffee.
See you this Wednesday at the VUB !
- The meetups of the Brussels Data Science Community are free for our members.
- You can join our Linkedin Group here.
- Registration is done on our meetup page here.