In the era of Big Data, data is not useful until we identify patterns, apply context and intelligence. The data scientist, as an emerging career path, is at the core of organizational success with Big Data and for humanizing the data to help businesses better understands their consumer.
- As a data scientist, you sift through the explosion of data to discover what the data is telling you.
- You figure out “what questions to ask” so that relevant information hidden in the large volumes and varieties of data can be extracted.
- The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and layouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.
- You have a logical approach to the solution of problems and good conceptual ability and skills in analysis;
- You have the ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- You possess good interpersonal skills;
- You are self reliant and capable of both independent work and as member of a team;
- You are persistent, accurate, imaginative;
- You are able and have the discipline to document and record results;
- Be customer service oriented
- Be open minded and solution oriented
- You enjoy constantly expanding your knowledge base;
- You are willing to travel up to five days per month.
- The successful candidate has a strong cross-functional technical background, excellent written/oral communication skills, and a willingness and capacity to expand their leadership and technical skills.
- BS / MS in computer Science;
- Good understanding of data mining and machine learning algorithms, data structures and related core software engineering concepts;
- Have a sound knowledge of SPSS, SAS or R and SQL
- Understanding of marketing processes in the financial and or retail market;
- Understanding the concepts of Hadoop, HBase and other big data technologies.
- Be a true partner in developing the solution, have and develop business acumen and bring technical perspective in furthering the product and business;
- Aggregate data from various sources;
- Help define, design, and build projects that leverage our data
- Develop computational algorithms and statistical methods that find patterns and relationships in large volumes of data, using SPSS, SAS or R;
- Determine and implement mechanisms to improve our data quality
- Deliver clear, well-communicated and complete design documents.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals
- Exhibit Creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with best in class designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers
What We Offer
NGDATA sits at the forefront of a whole new data-driven software eco-system. We are continuously seeking new, practical ways in exploiting data to its maximum potential, using analytical and machine learning algorithms, backed by a strong and mature engineering practice. We translate state-of-the-art research into a practical software product.
In addition to a positive and exciting work environment with interesting learning opportunities, we offer an attractive salary and fringe benefits.
More Jobs ?
Click here for more Data related job offers.
Follow our twitter account: @datajobsbe
We have a 20% discount to Strata this year using this link http://oreil.ly/UGSEU14, please ask Philippe Van Impe for your special discount code (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the O’Reilly Strata Conference
The best minds in data will gather in Barcelona this November for the O’Reilly Strata Conference to learn, connect, and explore the complex issues and exciting opportunities brought to business by big data, data science, and pervasive computing.
The future belongs to those who understand how to collect and use their data successfully. And that future happens at Strata.
Why You Should Attend
Strata Conference is where big data’s most influential business decision makers, strategists, architects, developers, and analysts gather to shape the future of their businesses and technologies. If you want to tap into the opportunity that big data presents, you want to be at Strata.
At Strata, you’ll:
- Be among the first to understand how you can leverage the promise of this huge change, and survive the resulting disruption
- Find new ways to leverage your data assets across industries and disciplines
- Learn how to take big data from science project to real business application
- Discover training, hiring, and career opportunities for data professionals
- Meet-face-to face with other innovators and thought leaders
Strata Conference delivers the nuts-and-bolts foundation for building a data-driven business—the latest on the skills, tools, and technologies you need to make data work—alongside the forward-looking insights and ahead-of-the-curve thinking O’Reilly is known for.
At Strata, you’ll find:
- Three days of inspiring keynotes and intensely practical, information-rich sessions exploring the latest advances, case studies, and best practices
- A sponsor pavilion with key players and latest technologies
- A vibrant “hallway track” for attendees, speakers, journalists, and vendors to debate and discuss important issues
- Plenty of events and opportunities to meet other business leaders, data professionals, designers, and developers
O’Reilly is followed by venture capitalists, business analysts, news pundits, tech journalists, and thought leaders because we have a knack for knowing what’s important now and what will be important next—and the ability to articulate the seminal narratives about emerging and game-changing technologies.
We don’t say this to brag. We say it to make a point: we’re not easily hypnotized by hype. We’ve seen the bubbles build and burst. For over three decades, we’ve been tapping into a deep network of alpha geeks and thought leaders to recognize the truly disruptive technologies amidst the fluff. So when we invest in a conference, we’re not just following the hype, we’re committed to creating a community around an issue we believe is transformative.
At O’Reilly, we think big data is not just important. We think it’s a game changer.
That’s why we created Strata.
O’Reilly’s conferences forge new ties between industry leaders, raise awareness of technology issues we think are interesting and important, and crystallize the critical issues around emerging technologies. Understanding these emerging technologies—and how they will transform the way we do business—has never been more crucial. If you want to understand the challenges and opportunities wrought by big data, you’ll want to attend Strata.
Kudos for Strata
What previous Strata Conference attendees have said:
“In a crowded market place of “Big Data” conferences, Strata has firmly established itself as the place where you go to meet people who think and do data science.”
“One of the most valuable events to advance my career.”
“Everyone in big data is there”
“A must for anyone who wants a peek into the future of Big Data.”
“There was a palpable sense of excitement in the air. Obviously most of the attendees were already ‘data’ aficionados, but it’s clear that ‘data’ in various forms is on the radar for governments, large corporations, and the developer communities.”
See more Kudos
Who Attends Strata
The O’Reilly Strata Conference is for developers, data scientists, data analysts, and other data professionals, including:
- VPs or directors of marketing, analytics, or data warehousing
- CIOs, CTOs, enterprise architects
- Data scientists and analysts
- Developers and database professionals
- Product managers
- Researchers and academics
- Data-driven designers, journalists, and anthropologists
- VCs and investors