Duties and responsibilities
As a Data Scientist, you will need a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as programming experience to be able to analyse large data sets of information with the appropriate tools and techniques in order to deliver insightful and actionable information in an impactful manner.
Your main mission will consist of working with our customers and understanding their business context. This unique role will engage you with the business by addressing strategic and tactical questions through the use of data mining and data visualization techniques, including pattern detection, graph analysis or statistical analysis. You’ll be challenged to propose innovative ways of addressing problems with alternative options and creative and workable solutions. You will also use the new visualisation tools to present your validated findings in a clear and precise manner to non-technical people.
You will be exposed to different sectors and company functions. You will work most of the time at client sites in Belgium.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Master or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or any related field
- Passionate about data and/or statistical analysis, with mathematics and causal modeling skills
- Strong programming skills such as Java and/or Python
- Knowledge of statistical modeling and tools (SAS, R, Matlab…), SQL and data mining is required. Knowledge of machine learning, Hadoop or other Big Data frameworks is a plus
- At ease in manipulating and analysing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from various sources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: you have the ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues
- Strong analytical competencies and excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Experience in Data Visualisation (knowledge of Business Intelligence Reporting & Analysis tools)
- Overall knowledge of Business Intelligence is an asset; in particular data modeling, ETL, and reporting tools
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French and English
What we offer
Keyrus offers a working environment and projects that attract the best people working in business intelligence, data analytics and performance management. Working on diverse and challenging projects, you will have the opportunity to develop multi-disciplinary IT/business skills to help you build a strong career path.
You will receive a training budget to support and sustain your skills and an attractive salary package including a company car and other benefits.