We are proud to announce a full series of R trainings
– from the mere basics to the necessary skills to use and deploy R in your organisation.
The training consists of a set of modules which can be chosen depending on your expertise level and ranges from introductory to advanced R programming, package development, R deployments and R analytics (statistical learning, text mining, plotting, graphics, spatial statistics).
These sessions are managed by BNOSAC and your main trainer will be Jan Wijffels.
Jan Wijffels is the founder of www.bnosac.be – a consultancy company specialised in statistical analysis and data mining. He holds a Master in Commercial Engineering, a MSc in Statistics and a Master in Artificial Intelligence and has been using R for 8 years, developing and deploying R-based solutions for clients in the private sector. He has developed and co-developed the R packages ETLUtils and ffbase.
Jan Wijffels is a recognized Belgian Datascientist. He managed many analytical & statistical consulting projects for major organisations such as Carrefour, NGData, ThomasCook and many others. Jan owns his own company called www.bnosac.be.
The presented training is the same training that he teaches at the Leuven Statistics Research Centre (LStat) from the KUL.
Here is the list of scheduled R-courses:
We are looking forward to meeting you soon !
I’m please to announce that we will cooperate with BNOSAC to allow you to benefit from R-training in the Hub.
The starters track training will start in September:
R for starters:
duration: 2 days
What is covered in this module:
- What is R, packages available (CRAN, R-Forge, …), R documentation search, finding help, RStudio editor, syntax Data types (numeric/character/factor/logicals/NA/Dates/Times)
- Data structures (vector/data.frame/matrix/lists and standard operations on these)
- Saving (RData) & importing data from flat files, csv, Excel, Oracle, MS SQL Server, SAS, SPSS
- Creating functions, data manipulation (subsetting, adding variables, ifelse, control flow, recoding, rbind, cbind) and aggregating and reshaping
- Plotting in R using base and lattice functionality (dot plots, barcharts, graphical parameters, legends, devices)
- Basic statistics in R (mean, variance, crosstabs, quantile, correlation, distributions, densities, histograms, boxplot, t-tests, wilcoxon test, non-parametric tests)
During the course, you will need to do exercises, so bring your laptop.
Common data manipulation for R programmers:
duration: 1 day
This module allows you to be a better programmer by writing your own functions, getting acquainted with commonly used R functions for basic data manipulation and the R object oriented programming environment.
The following is covered in this module:
- with, within, by, apply family of functions & split-apply-combine strategy
- vectorisation, parallel execution of code
- data.table – fast group by, joining and data.table programming tricks
- basic regular expressions
- writing your own functions
- reshaping from wide to long format
- S3 classes, generics and basic S4 methodology
- handling of errors and exceptions, debugging code
Be prepared on some tough exercises, so bring your laptop.
List of other available courses:
- R programming
- R for starters
- Common data manipulation for R programmers
- Reporting with R
- Creating R packages and R repositories
- Managing R processes
- Using SVN/git with RStudio
- Data connectivity using R
- Integration of R into web applications – R analytics
- Statistical Machine Learning with R
- Text mining with R
- Applied Spatial modelling with R – Oracle R Enterprise
- ROracle and Oracle R Enterprise (ORE) – transparancy layer
- Oracle R Enterprise – advanced data manipulation
- Data mining models inside Oracle R Enterprise (ORE) and Oracle Data Mining (ODM)
About European Data Innovation Hub:
The European Data Innovation Hub aims at facilitating information sharing.
Next to hands-on workshops, hackathons and coached MOOCS we are also facilitating training of data science related topics.These training are always offered in cooperation with our members. If you want us to facilitate your training please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to have an overview of the training we have scheduled please follow this link.
BNOSAC, is a Belgium consultancy network specialized in open source analytical intelligence. We gather a group of dedicated open source software engineers with a focus on data mining, business intelligence, statistical engineering and advanced artificial intelligence.
We are experts in using analytical open source software and provide expertise, consultancy and training for the use of well-established open source tools like R, Python, Pentaho, PostgreSQL, OpenBugs, PostGIS and Mapserver in your organisation.