In addition to the series of management workshops and over 40 presentations, we’d like to bring to your attention that in addition to our excellent line-up of speakers, you may be interested in one of our technical workshops that provide hands-on training:
- Pieter Buteneers – Data Strategist and Machine Learning Consultant – Hands-on Machine Learning with Python
- Geert Verstraeten – Managing Partner at Python Managing – Projects in Predictive Analytics
- Thierry Turpin and Stephane Tridetti: Optimize DHS with AWS
- Faisal Orakzai & Morad Masnaoui: BigData Architecture
- Nicolas Deruytter – Managing Director at DataTonic – Hands-on Workshop Using Tensorflow
- IBM: Watson Data Platform – Ann-Elise Delbecq Niko Tambuyser Willem Hendriks Luc Goossens
- Please check disummit.com form more exciting presentations.
These are only some of the technical workshops we have available.
Thank you to our trainers for sharing their knowledge with us: Pieter Buteneers, Geert Verstraeten, Thierry Turpin, Stéphane Tridetti, Faisal Orakzai, Morad Masnaoui, Nicolas Deruytter, Ann-Elise Delbecq, Niko Tambuyser, Willem Hendriks & Luc Goosens
Executive Summer Session
Stephen Brobst will be at the European Data Innovation Hub. We asked him to share his views on the importance of open data, open source, analytics in the cloud and data science. Stephen is on the forefront of the technology and we can’t wait to hear what is happening in the Silicon Valley. Count on it that you will leave the workshop inspired and weaponed with some actionable ideas that will help us to define a profitable strategy for the data science teams.
Format of the session :
- 15:00 – Keynote:How to innovate in the Age of Big Data
- 15:50 – Open Discussion on “Sustainable Strategies for Data Science, tackling following topics:
- Data Science is the Key to Business Success
- Three Critical Technologies Necessary for Big Data Exploitation
- How to Innovate in the Age of Big Data
- 16:45 – Networking Session
Stephen Brobst is the Chief Technology Officer for Teradata Corporation. Stephen performed his graduate work in Computer Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where his Masters and PhD research focused on high-performance parallel processing. He also completed an MBA with joint course and thesis work at the Harvard Business School and the MIT Sloan School of Management. Stephen is a TDWI Fellow and has been on the faculty of The Data Warehousing Institute since 1996. During Barack Obama’s first term he was also appointed to the Presidential Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) in the working group on Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD). He was recently ranked by ExecRank as the #4 CTO in the United States (behind the CTOs from Amazon.com, Tesla Motors, and Intel) out of a pool of 10,000+ CTOs.
Friday 5th December, 10-12 am
User Experience (or UX) aims to provide an optimal and agreeable use of digital products. More than just ergonomics, the goal is to develop interfaces that really fit the users’ needs by combining graphic design, emotional impact and practical benefit.
As part of the brand new hub Creative Valley, the Mundaneum and its partners invite you for an exclusive workshop by New York-based author and designer Alex Wright.
His talent was put to good use on projects for IBM,Yahoo and Harvard University, as well as at The New York Times as “User Experience Director.” He now works as “Chief Marketing Officer” for the successful online shop Etsy.
On 5 December from 10 to 12 in Mons, he will lead an exclusive workshop about this branch of interactive design titled “Humanizing Data: Bridging UX research methods with big data analytics to create better customer experiences“
Bring your onw laptop!
Fondation Mons 2015 – Le 106
Rue de Nimy 106 in 7000 Mons
! Limited capacity
or 0032 (0)65 31 53 43.
Centre d’archives de la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles & Espace d’expositions temporaires
An event organized by the Mundaneum
in partnership with Creative Valley by Creative Wallonia,
Foundation Mons 2015 and Agence Wallonne des Télécommunications.