Every industry will be transformed by the new business models and revolutionary possibilities created by digital society in the 21stcentury.
This talk will address the critical success factors that leaders must embrace when transforming an enterprise into a player for the digital age.
We will discuss the importance of data-driven business models to transform from traditional customer relationship management to customer experience management in the new world of digitally enabled customers.
We will present a framework that will emphasize the importance of real-time recommendation engines leveraging operational intelligence using self-learning algorithms with techniques drawn from the world of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We will also propose an approach for monetizing data as a critical success factor for all enterprises who want to be successful in the digital age. Issues such as enabling cultural change, organizational skill set requirements, and governance will also be discussed. Case study examples of organizations that have been successful in executing digital transformation will be used throughout the presentation.
Stephen Brobst is the Chief Technology Officer for Teradata Corporation. Stephen performed his graduate work in Computer Science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where his Masters and PhD research focused on high-performance parallel processing. He also completed an MBA with joint course and thesis work at the Harvard Business School and the MIT Sloan School of Management. Stephen is a TDWI Fellow and has been on the faculty of The Data Warehousing Institute since 1996. During Barack Obama’s first term he was also appointed to the Presidential Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) in the working group on Networking and Information Technology Research and Development (NITRD). He was recently ranked by ExecRank as the #4 CTO in the United States (behind the CTOs from Amazon.com, Tesla Motors, and Intel) out of a pool of 10,000+ CTOs.
Take aways from his presentation:
- Learn about the critical success factors for competing effectively in the digital world.
- Learn about the cultural and organizational skill set requirements for transforming into a digital business.
- Learn how to use effective governance to transform from a traditional business model to a digitally enabled business model while sustaining profitable operations.
- 30 March 2017 14:45 during the Data Innovation Summit
- DISUMMIT @ING Marnix, Troonstraat 1, 1000 Brussel
Stephen’s previous presentation in Belgium:
Stephen gave an executive session at the Hub in the summer of 2016. He then shared his views on the importance of open data, open source, analytics in the cloud and data science. Over 100 executives left the workshop that day inspired and armed with some actionable ideas that helped them define a profitable strategy for their data science teams.
Who might be interested:
- Executives and directors involved in a digital transformation projects
- Change and innovation managers
- Specialists focussing on data innovation and management
- Students aspiring to becoming one or all of the above
Register your seat now:
Other Executive sessions during di-Summit:
- 29 March 16:00 – 3h Workshop from Dirk Borne: Communicating Data Literacy and the Value of Data to Clients and Colleagues
- 30 March 10:45 – 2h Workshop from Geert Verstraeten: Introducing Predictive Analytics
- 30 March 13:45 – 1h Workshop from Natalino Busa: Positioning Open Source in your existing software architecture
- 30 March 17:00 – Closing Keynote from Kirk Borne: A Data-rich World for a Better World: From Sensors to Sense-Making
- Please check disummit.com form more exciting presentations.