Pierre-Nicolas Schwab, the Big Data / CRM manager at RTBF (French-speaking public television) will organize in December a conference on ethical aspects of Big Data in the broadcasting industry. Although this conference will be reserved for members of the European Broadcasting Union (www.ebu.ch), Pierre-Nicolas would be interested to share views with Hub’s members on the topic of Big Data and Ethics.
I think Big Data and Ethics is a topic of importance that we’ve insufficiently covered until now during the diSummit nor our Meetups. I’d like our community to contribute to this topic through the organization of a special meetup on November 17th. I am asking interested members to contact me if they want to contribute to this event in the form of presentation.
Specific topics could be:
- Good and bad practices as far as data usage is concerned
- Examples of Big Data cases that triggered negative reactions
- The consumer’s perspective: does sharing data with third parties add value for the customer or for the firm?
- Implicit limits existing in your industry as far as the use of customers’ data is concerned
- Paradigm shifts and possible unethical changes caused by Big Data modelling in your industry
- Changes brought by IoT and possible threats to privacy and ethics
- Measurement of intrusiveness / perception of intrusiveness by users
- Forward-looking cross-industry trends that may have a negative impact on customers’ perceptions of Big Data
I welcome expressions of interest for this topic and would be glad to organize a preparatory meeting with interested speakers. Pierre-Nicolas has already proposed to host this meeting at RTBF to have fruitful discussions.
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Previous post on this topic: https://datasciencebe.com/2016/08/16/next-executive-session-what-about-a-debate-on-big-data-ethics/