Click@Bike is a promising start-up with European ambitions for the development and distribution of an innovative touristic cycling product-service offer for the hospitality sector. The Company is well capitalised and has extensive international support from the public sector.
To re-enforce its in-house IT development team, the Company is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer.
About the role: Data Engineer
You will be a Senior Data Engineer responsible for all operational aspects related to the Company’s data, from sourcing through public and commercial tourist channels, over designing a robust schema and data model, to implementing and maintaining the data infrastructure using the latest technologies and best practices, with the aim to provide most current data in a secure, efficient, reliable and scalable manner to support back-end services and front-end user information display services.
The Senior Data Engineer will work together with external data providers. She/he will perform the technical analysis of the specific data interfaces, execute the data translation and integration with the in-house back-end systems by implementing or developing respective Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) solutions, and, together with the Product Manager, roll-out prototypes and final products to customers.
Further to the primary tasks of the Senior Data Engineer, it is the Company’s strategy to broaden the scope towards software engineering tasks in the backend application stack over time to cross-functionalize the IT department.
The Senior Data Engineer reports to the Product Manager; as the first in-house data engineer she/he owns the unique chance to develop from ground zero the Company’s data engineering processes and to manage the Company’s data.
The Senior Data Engineer will establish and lead the data engineering team.
- Master in IT with 7 years of job related experience
- Experience as a software engineer, data engineer, data architect or any combination of the roles
- Software programming skill set and sound knowledge of design patterns
- Experience in object oriented programming, preferably using Java
- Deep understanding of database schema design and data structures
- Experience in data modelling using inter alia entity relationship diagrams, UML
- Experience with RDBMS: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL or Oracle
- Experience with ETL tools, preferably open source, such as Talend, Pentaho
- Experience with RDBMS spatial extensions
- Experience with structured data communication: SOAP, REST/XML, JSON
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Software modelling, architecture & software services design experience
- Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- User stories, use cases
- System design
- Functional and technical systems specifications
- Experience with Back-end and front-end application development
- Experience in IT project management
- Knowledge of NoSQL database concepts and their typical use cases
- Experience in team leadership
- Experience in working in an international environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as graph DB (e.g. Neo4j), document DB (e.g. MongoDB) or key-value stores (e.g. Voldemort or CouchDB)
- Experience with Java Enterprise: J2EE, JSP/JSF, EJB, JDBC, JMS framework
- Experience with Android development
- Experience in web development and system setup: Apache/Tomcat, PHP
Office & Development Tools
- MS Office
- MS Word, MS Powerpoint: advanced user
- MS Access, MS Excel: power user
- Eclipse/Netbeans, Bitbucket/Git/GitHub, Confluence&JIRA,
- XML Editor, such as XML Spy or Oxygen XML Editor
- Enterprise Architect
- Operating systems: Windows 8.1 or 10, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat)
- Spirit to work in a start-up environment
- Good communication skills
- Good teamwork competencies
- Sound analytical skills
- Sound judgement
- Service and customer oriented
- We are operating in an international environment; hence a high English proficiency is mandatory.
Additional: fluent in Dutch, French or German, a third language is a plus
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For further information or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Bart Vandermeeren and include your CV.
Will you participate to the Data Science bootcamp ?
more information : http://di-academy.com/bootcamp/