Patrick is recruiting 2 senior Data Scientists with a possibility to be based in our HUB in Brussels.
Ready to connect with Licorne Capital SA?
Licorne Capital, founded in 2012, hold a Robot Advisor, created after 7 years of intensive research. The target of the software is to detect automatically long term trend on more than 100 financial markets and manage also the risk and money management.
Licorne is ready now to start a big project in the Asset Management field. To strengthen Licorne Belgium’s organization and to realize our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for experienced professionals and young potentials with strong qualifications in Finance. We are eager to get you on board as soon as possible!
The role of Data Scientist was named ‘The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century’ by CNBC. The Senior Data Scientist will join the analytics team in developing the next generation of cloud-based big data analytics platforms. The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for creating highly scalable platform components to support real-time analytics and advanced modeling and predictions. He or She is broadly involved in every aspect of the platform including data collection, cleansing, exploration, model training, optimization, reporting, and visualization.
Essential Job Duties but not limited to:
- Lead analytical projects from requirements gathering to final presentation
- Mentor other scientists and recommending methodologies and solutions
- Known as a subject matter expert both inside and outside the organization
- Work closely with business partners to understand business problems and design solutions to meet their needs
- Explore data from a variety of sources, both internally and externally available
- Fetch/Extract data from internal and external sources
- Calibrate and normalize data from various sources
- Data Analysis
- Data Cleaning
- Data Exploration
- Predictive and Descriptive Model Development (e.g. Regression, Tree Based Methods, Neural Networks, etc.)
- Utilize advanced statistical models & machine learning methods
- Monitor model performance over time
- Stay in touch with best emerging practices & techniques in statistics & machine learning
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Solid understanding of applied statistics, predictive modeling, data mining, machine learning, and other quantitative methodologies and a passion for innovating with modern data science algorithms
- Knowledge and practical expertise in conventional & emerging methods and techniques including regression, time-series analysis, Decision Tree, Boosting, Random Forest, etc.
- Expertise in data analysis software packages or tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, Matlab, Octave, Python
- Expertise in processing big data sets from heterogeneous data sources
- Experience of relational database systems such as SQL Server and the query language
- Familiar with statistical model development methodologies and processes
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with a keen attention to detail
- 5+ years of experience with real world data
- Implementing real-time analytics with emerging tools and packages
- Data visualization and implementation
- Experience of noSQL database systems
- Experience of Apache Hadoop ecosystem, Hadoop, Hive, Pig
- Knowledge of cloud computing services
- Knowledge of Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics is a plus
- English, French and/or Dutch
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to email@example.com .
You can send your CV to Patrick Dan Piller <firstname.lastname@example.org> .
More Jobs ?
Improve your skills:
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Check out the full agenda here.
Video channel and e-learning:
Follow the link to subscribe to our video channel.
Join the experts at our Meetups:
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.