We have just been requested by our friends from Proximus to share this great career opportunity.
Business Intelligence Specialist – “Dataminer”
Within the Customer & Market Intelligence department belonging to the Proximus Group Strategy & Transformation, you will be part of the team in charge of statistical analysis (predictive modelling – datamining) and advanced customer analysis.
You will answer business requests and give advice to internal customers based on advanced data analytics. You will translate those business requests into data requirements and extract, mainly by using SQl, the needed data from the Proximus Data Warehouse and other sources if needed. You will use existing datamarts or structure all relevant data in data marts specifically designed as input for your ad hoc analyses and statistical models. Your analyses can be descriptive (e.g. customer profiling and segmentation) or predictive (e.g. churn prediction models).
You will transform the data into insights to come up with recommendations to influence strategic decisions or tactical choices. You will present your conclusions and discuss them with multi-functional project teams.
You will interact mainly with colleagues from Marketing & Product Management, Data warehouse and other CMI departments.
- You love researching, measuring, analysing and quantifying things. You spontaneously look for patterns in data. You like precision but you are not afraid to make an educated guess.
- You are curious, eager to learn and result driven.
- You are good at visualizing data and making impactful presentations. You can easily express your ideas in writing or in meetings.
- You are a team player and you stay cool under pressure in peak times.
- You allocate your time efficiently and can manage several projects in parallel
Knowledge & experience:
- You have a good knowledge of datamining and statistical modelling techniques.
- You have a good knowledge of SQL (Oracle/Teradata), BI tools, databases and Data warehouses.
- You are able to switch between your business skills and technical skills : you start from the business question, you define the solution, you translate in scripting language (SQL) and statistical analysis and finally you present the result in a marketing understandable language
- You have a Master degree in a quantitative oriented discipline
- You have some years of work experience in a complex and data-driven environment.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch or French.
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to email@example.com .
Interested? The original job posting is available at this link: Business Intelligence Specialist.
More Jobs ?
Improve your skills:
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Check out the full agenda here.
Video channel and e-learning:
Follow the link to subscribe to our video channel.
Join the experts at our Meetups:
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.