Dear Mr. Van Impe,
On behalf of the IABE (institute of actuaries from Belgium), we are pleased to inform you that an exciting and relevant seminar on “Big Data” is to be held on December 3rd , 2015. Eminent speakers coming from both the academic world and the business side are gathered. The seminar is set to bring insight on Big Data and how it could impact the insurance sector. The seminar will cover theoretical and practical aspects. We are sure it will provide an enriching experience for all our participants. http://www.iabe.be/nl/iabe-forum-big-data
Would you mind sharing the invitation with whom it would be of interest?
(member of IABE and co-organizer of the event),
Here is the agenda:
- 13h30 : Welcome by Jean-François Hannosset, President of the IA|BE
- 13h35 : Introduction to Big Data by Mateusz Maj.
- 14h00 : Data science : “State of the art” Professor dr. Bart Baesens an associate professor at KU Leuven, and a guest lecturer at the University of Southampton (United Kingdom).
- 14h40 : Overview of (a) practical application by Jo Coutuer
- ——————– 15h20 : Coffee break———–
- 15h40 : Overview of (a) practical application by Jean-Philippe Schepens
- 16h20 : Legal framework around Big Data by Laurens Naudts is a legal researcher at the KU Leuven
- 17h00 : Panel discussion : experts insurance companies
Jean-Claude Debussche – Pierre Ars – Dries De Dauw – Marieke Geeraert – Yasmine Nouri
- 17h55 : Conclusion
- ——————– 18h00 : cocktail ————