Alex wants us to distribute this job offer.
Vente-Exclusive.com is a fast growing, Belgian e-commerce company, organizing online private sales of prestigious fashion brands in the Benelux. Vente-Exclusive.com was founded in 2007 by two very experienced entrepreneurs in Ghent, Belgium. Today, Vente-Exclusive.com attracts 4.000.000 unique visitors each month and has shipped over 1.500.000 orders last year.
Unlike other e-commerce companies, Vente-Exclusive.com is highly tech driven company. We pride ourselves in using the latest and greatest technologies. If you love an environment where you can experiment with new technologies, build stuff and get things done with talented engineers, we’re the place to be. Offices are based in Brussels and Amsterdam. This position will be based in Brussels.
Over the years Vente-Exclusive.com has collected huge amounts of data on our member’s behaviour. We are increasingly investing in the improvement of how we collect, process and analyse data to improve our customer experience and internal reporting. You will be responsible for helping us crunch data in our cloud-hosted data warehouse by defining data flows, writing scripts and queries, and extending our big data infrastructure with new tools.
Lastly you will assist the people from other departments that are analysing and visualising our data, by developing data models and queries, or providing access to new internal or external data sources. You’ll join a development team of 30 like-minded colleagues working together towards our ambitious goals, while having great fun at the same time.
- You’re an open minded developer who’s not afraid of learning new paradigms, open source frameworks or programming languages
- You have experience developing in some languages and tools often used for data processing like Python, Java, Scala, Apache Pig, Hive, Mahout, Hadoop, Spark, …
- You have strong SQL skills and love writing challenging queries
- Experience with cloud based big data solutions such as Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, or Hadoop (MapR / Cloudera / Hortonworks) is a plus
- Working experience is a definite plus, but we are willing to invest in young talent
- You speak fluent English and Dutch and/or French
Your skills & qualities
- Team player
- Service oriented
- Flexible and autonomous
- Open minded
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Send your job application today!
Send your CV to t.a.v. Claire Lombard.
More Jobs ?
Improve your skills:
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Here are some training highlights for the coming months:
- Jan Wijffels has scheduled a full R course in September.
- Geert Verstaeten is repeating his executive class on predictive analytics on Oct 1st.
- Rik Van Bruggen is organizing a full day of Graphs training with Neo4j.
- Elie Jesuran is organizing a workshop about building an intelligent twitterbot.
- Andy Petrella is organizing a 3 day Apache Spark course.
- Fabien Janssens is doing a hands-on workshop on Elasticsearch.
- Frank Vanden Berghen is will explain the ins and outs of Timi and Anatella in October.
Check out the full agenda here.
Join the experts at our Meetups:
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.