Who wants to be part of our Team of Belgian gold diggers? ( please add a comment if interested)
I just received this exciting message from Canada. Should we put a team together, seems to be the perfect for real miners, no ?
We are excited to launch the Integra Gold Rush Challenge this September – one of the largest ever mining industry incentive prize competitions to hunt down the next big gold discovery in Val-d’Or, Canada.
Opened in 1935, the Lamaque mine remained in operation for 50 years, processing more than 24 million tons of ore and 4.5 million ounces of gold. The Lamaque mine remained untouched and relatively forgotten for nearly 30 years, until Integra Gold purchased it in October, 2014.
Along with the purchase came 6 terabytes of information, spanning 75 years of mining history. This database is being turned to the public to help unlock its value through innovative and comprehensive solutions.
The Integra Gold Rush Challenge invites people from around the world, from any background to analyze this data and win prizes totaling CAD $1 million.
You may visit the challenge page to find out more and to register as an innovator.
Please let me know if you would like to participate or know anyone else who might be interested in participating.
Join our next meetup on Sept 24th @VUB:
Treat yourself to some #datascience education:
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Here are some training highlights for the coming months:
- Jan Wijffels has scheduled a full R course in September.
- Geert Verstaeten is repeating his executive class on predictive analytics on Oct 1st.
- Rik Van Bruggen is organizing a full day of Graphs training with Neo4j.
- Elie Jesuran is organizing a workshop about building an intelligent twitterbot.
- Andy Petrella is organizing a 3 day Apache Spark course.
- Fabien Janssens is doing a hands-on workshop on Elasticsearch.
- Frank Vanden Berghen is will explain the ins and outs of Timi and Anatella in October.
Check out the full agenda here.