Join our linkedin group using this link
We are so close to 1000 members, I cannot wait to start to celebrate !
We have mad some nice progress over the past 17 months, didn’t we?
And you can expect much more in the coming months:
We have compiled a nice set of datascience trainings for you:
- Jan Wijffels has scheduled a full R course in September.
- Geert Verstaeten is repeating his executive class on predictive analytics on Oct 1st.
- Rik Van Bruggen is organizing a full day ofGraphs training with Neo4j.
- Elie Jesuran is organizing a workshop about building an intelligent twitterbot.
- Andy Petrella is organizing a 3 day Apache Spark course.
- Fabien Janssens is doing a hands-on workshop on Elasticsearch.
- Frank Vanden Berghen is will explain the ins and outs of Timi and Anatella in October.
- here is the link to full list of trainings: http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-Innovation-Training-Hub/events/
- 19:00 « evolution of the Marketing story seen by marketing executive from fintech »
Gunter Uytterhoeven, Chief Marketing Officer & Head of Transformation at AXA
- 19:30 «Humanizing data, focusing on the impact of the consumer on how marketing and sales is done today»
Claudine Knop, Managing Director at DataBase Management
- 20:00 « architectural view on what is needed to have a nice big data environment generating valuable insights »
Patrick Glenisson, Managing Consultant at Business & Decision
Eric Lecoutre, Analytical Thinker – Fraud Analytics Domain Leader
In case you missed some of our activities over the past months here is an overview:
Activity overview 2014-2015
We started our activities in February 2014 and have with our activities reached over 1250 experts.
Overview of the meetups:
- March 27, 2014 · 7:00 PM, Install the group & define first actions and key participants/drivers
- May 8, 2014 · 6:30 PM, Second Brussels Data Science Meetup (focus on Banking)
- June 19, 2014 · 6:30 PM, Data Science Meetup about Data For Good projects
- July 17, 2014 · 7:00 PM, First Datascience Garden Party
- September 18, 2014 · 6:30 PM, Data Science and Human Resources
- October 16, 2014 · 6:30 PM, Data Science and Marketing
- November 18, 2014 · 6:30 PM, Data Science and the Internet of Things
- December 18, 2014 · 6:30 PM, Big Data & Data Sciences
- January 29 · 7:00 PM, Data Science and Research
- February 19 · 6:30 PM, Data Sciences in the Telecom Sector
- March 26 · 8:00 AM, Summit: Data Innovation Summit – Made in Belgium
- April 14 · 5:30 PM, Datascience and Hadoop
- April 23 · 6:30 PM, Data for Good & Kaggle competitions
- May 20 · 6:30 PM, Data Science in the Banking world
- June 18 · 6:30 PM, Data Science and Security & Privacy issues
Overview of the Hands-on events:
- September 25, 2014 · 6:30 PM, Data for good project (Doctors without Borders)
- November 6, 2014 · 7:00 PM, Hands-on : Social Network Analysis Challenge
- February 26 · 6:30 PM, Workshop – Kaggle – DataScience Bowl -Marine Biology
- March 3 · 7:00 PM, Defining the questions for the DataScience survey 2015
- April 16 · 6:30 PM, Finals of the DIS Challenge
- April 24 · 6:00 PM, Hack Epilepsy – Data4Good Hackathon
- June 22 · 7:00 PM, Presentation of the data that will be used in our First Hackathon
- July 4,5 · 9:00 AM , Hackathon – building a recommendation engine on subscribers data
Overview of the trainings:
- June 26 · 1:00 PM, Executive half-day training – The essence of Predictive Analytics
Coached MOOC events:
- May 4 · 7:00 PM, MOOC Coaching on Machine Learning.
- June 2 · 7:00 PM, Coached Mooc – Introduction to Big Data with Apache Spark
- July 8 · 7:00 PM, Coaching for the edX course CS190.1x: “Scalable Machine Learning”