This is an informative talk aimed to managers and decision makers about what Big Data is and how it can be used for business.
All managers of functional departments (marketing, operations, HR, strategists…), decision makers, Project managers, CXO, limited from 8 – 12 participants.
- Duration: One afternoon seminar (3h):
- When Thursday 29/10
- Location: European Data Innovation Hub @ AXA, Vorstlaan 23, 1170 Brussel
- Price: 270€ per manager
|Everybody is talking about Big Data but mainly on technical terms and around the IT department. What is Big Data about, and why should you care if you are not a technical person? ‘Data is the new Gold’ says the EU, how could you do business with this new resource?|
|This seminar provides you an overview around these questions. We will discuss the impacts of riding on the Big Data wave, the impact of not doing it, and why to succeed in the Big Data era managers need to embrace this new paradigm.
Additionally, it will provide you with the technical keywords to follow future developments of this trend in order to take informed decisions.
|1. What does the term Big Data really means
2. Big Data means Big Business
3. An aperçu of where the technology stands
4. Main players
5. Big Data Issues
6. What are the societal impacts (to be prepared)
About the speaker
|Corina Ciechanow is a dynamic presenter with a solid technical background as well as a long trajectory of making technology trends accessible to managers and decision-makers.
Former professor in Machine Learning, she has a long experience as consultant (www.waterloohills.com), managing IT projects for big companies as well as for international organizations.
Since 2012, Corina is also VP Women & Technology at Professional Women International (www.pwi.be), where she spreads the word on the new Internet trends.
#datascience training programmes
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Here are some training highlights for the coming months:
- Jan Wijffels has scheduled a full R course in September.
- Geert Verstaeten is repeating his executive class on predictive analytics on Oct 1st.
- Rik Van Bruggen is organizing a full day of Graphs training with Neo4j.
- Elie Jesuran is organizing a workshop about building an intelligent twitterbot.
- Andy Petrella is organizing a 3 day Apache Spark course.
- Fabien Janssens is doing a hands-on workshop on Elasticsearch.
- Frank Vanden Berghen is will explain the ins and outs of Timi and Anatella in October.
Check out the full agenda here.
Have you been to our Meetups yet ?
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.