DATA ENGINEER – Freelance and Permanent position
About us: ARTYCS is a start-up providing advisory services on Big Data strategy, full end-to-end management and delivery of data analytics projects and sourcing of data science related profiles.
For one of our clients, a key player in financial services based in Brussels, we are looking for a Data Engineer. This is an exciting and challenging position as the candidate will join a dynamic, successful and rapidly growing team responsible for handling a large variety of Big Data business use cases. The candidate will be key in initiating and facilitating the business use cases from a data extraction and data management perspective.
Not only is this position very interesting for someone able to extract and prepare data for analytical purposes, it also allows to step into the data science field as some selected business use cases will be allocated to the data engineer. Last but not least, the team where the position seats is known for its innovative mindset and the data engineer is encouraged to test new products and state-of-the-art methods.
- Extract and prepare data from corporate systems to initiate the analytical process
- Actively support data scientists in the data discovery and data preparation process
- Work under the supervision of a senior data engineer
- Design, build and launch new data ETL/ELT processes in production for pilot use cases selected for operationalization
- Design, build, and test of Hadoop based applications for analyzing datasets and making the results available to business users
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis, utilizing custom applications
- Productionize prototypes & support existing processes running in production
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution
- Perform advanced data analysis on a selection of business use cases, supported by data scientists
- Able to extract, transform, compress and load data into HDFS
- Knowledge of different Hadoop file formats like parquet, ORC,
- Broad base understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with high-level programming languages by preference Java, Scala, Python & R
- Experience with Open Source big data technologies like Spark, Pig, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Storm
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements
- Able or eager to learn to write map-reduce & Spark jobs
- Experience with Linux Redhat and Linux scripting
- Experience of data flows, data architecture, ETL/ELT and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge of Cloudera is a plus
- Knowledge of IBM mainframe is considered as a plus
- Ability to analyse data and identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Professional experience delivering scripts
- Experience of traditional data warehouse systems and RDBMS considered a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with classic and new/emerging business intelligence methodologies considered a plus
- Experience working with customers to identify and clarify requirements and ways to meet needs
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, good customer relationship skills
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to email@example.com .
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Laurent Fayet, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +32.4184.108.40.206
More Jobs ?
Check out our #datascience training programmes
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Have you been to our Meetups yet ?
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.