This training consists of theory & exercises for introducing you to the essentials of relational databases such as tables, data types and how to query data with SQL.
- What is SQL?
- Windowed Sets
- Predicate logic
- Understanding the logical order of operations in SELECT statements
- Writing simple SELECT statements
- Eliminating duplicates with DISTINCT and GROUP BY
- Column and table aliases
- CASE expressions
- Querying with inner, outer, cross & self-joins
- Sorting data
- Filtering data with predicates
- Filtering data with TOP and OFFSET-FETCH
- Working with unknown values
- Introducing SQL Data Types
- Working with Character data
- Working with Date and Time data
- Database normal forms
- Primary keys and constraints
- No prior knowledge required.
- Bring your own laptop and install from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42299:
- SQL Server 2014 Express: SQLEXPR
- SQL Server Management Studio Express: SQLManagementStudio
Mario Van Hissenhoven, a SQL Data Architect at Ordina. With more than 15 years of experience in the Microsoft SQL Server Data platform, C# .NET programming skills and a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2008.
- Start at 9:00 AM.
- Duration: 6h.
- August, 11, 2015
- Location: European Data Innovation Hub @ AXA, Vorstlaan 23, 1170 Brussel
- Price: 300€