The training consists of theory & exercises for introducing you to the essentials of R such as atomic types and data frames, but also touches more advanced topics such as environments and lazy evaluation. You will learn about the different uses of R and pick up tips for packages & follow-up courses.
- What is R?
- Strengths and weaknesses of R
- The uses of R
- IDE for R: RStudio
- Data types
- Data manipulation
- Reading and writing data
- Control statements
- Packages & CRAN
- Advanced R: Environments, lazy evaluation, promises, speeding up R
- Prior knowledge of at least one programming language is advised but not required.
- Bring your own laptop (Windows, Linux or Mac) and install:
Alexander Van den Bulck is a data scientist with a strong background in programming, machine learning and data mining. He’s currently working as a consultant for Ordina (www.ordina.be), using R to help companies with data science problems like churn prediction, customer segmentation, stock optimization, etc.
- Start at 9:00 AM.
- Duration: 6h
- August, 20, 2015
- Location: European Data Innovation Hub @ AXA, Vorstlaan 23, 1170 Brussel
- Price: 300€