JOB OPENING: Ph.D. CANDIDATES IN BIG DATA MARKETING ANALYTICS
The IÉSEG School of Management (Lille, France) is searching for PhD candidates in the field of big data marketing analytics. The content of the PhD is defined in the field of marketing analytics in a financial services or (r)etail context in collaboration with leading French institutions. The PhD candidates will get all the means and support to engage in innovative business relevant research projects with high potential to get published in international peer-reviewed journals. The Ph.D. students will integrate into the IÉSEG Center for Marketing Analytics team (http://icma.ieseg.fr).
The aim is to obtain the degree of PhD after 3 years.
About the IÉSEG School of Management
- IÉSEG is AACSB and EQUIS accredited and is an active member of the ‘Conférence des Grandes Écoles’.
- IÉSEG is one of the leading French business Schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). IÉSEG promotes research and provides resources for active scholars.
- The IÉSEG faculty is highly qualified and very diverse with 32 nationalities represented.
- IÉSEG offers Bachelor and Master Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
- IÉSEG ranks 21st in the most recent Financial Times ranking of Masters in Management.
- The Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city. More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr
Qualifications of the PhD candidates
- A profound interest to do high-quality academic research with a clear added value for business in an international environment.
- A passion for big data and its analytical opportunities to improve customer relationships and company’s marketing strategy.
- Obtained a master in Computational Linguistics, Engineering, Data Mining, Text Mining, Statistics, Computer Science or similar.
- A degree in business, marketing or communication is a plus. 2/2
- Programming skills of at least one statistical software language such as SAS/Base, SAS/Macro, SAS/Stat, SAS/IML, R and/or SQL are essential.
- Notions of Matlab, C++, FORTRAN, Java SPARK or Python are a plus.
- Fluent in English. Ability to write high-standard text in English.
- Dynamic, pro-active, creative and serious personality.
- Fluency in French is a plus.
Working conditions of the PhD candidates
The PhD students will work under the conditions of a research contract for a period of 3 years starting the latest in December 2015. Salary conditions are in line with the French research system.
Supervision of the PhD candidate
The PhD student will be supported by a multi-disciplinary team by Prof. dr. Kristof Coussement and Prof. dr. Koen W. De Bock, and surrounded by their international research network.
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to email@example.com .
Here is the link to the original job add.
The positions are being filled up as they are coming in. Interested? Please send your motivation letter and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Why don’t you follow these courses to boost your datascience skills ?
The European Data Innovation Hub organizes trainings and hands-on workshops about bigdata and datascience.
Here is the agenda: