Laurent Fayet, Business Intelligence and Analytics Leader, is recruiting ! You cancontact him directly if you have questions.
The ADM ( Application Development and Maintenance) division ensures Euroclear’s competitiveness by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the financial securities markets.
The Data Analytics team is responsible for all Big Data and Analytics related matters throughout the organization and is looking for a new Data Scientist.
The team is in charge of collecting, analysing and reporting data in the context of Advanced Analytics.
As our new Data Scientist, you:
• should fully adhere to the curious, collaborative and innovative mindset of the team,
• play a key role in transforming a business question or gap into deliverables such as analytical tools, predictive models, etc.
• generate actionable insight for business users,
• use methods, amongst others, such as machine learning, natural language processing, fuzzy matching, etc.
• are flexible enough to manage multi-dimensional data sources and formats as well as a large panel of Analytics techniques commonly applied in Operational, Risk and client Analytics.
As a Data Scientist at Euroclear, you work in close collaboration with internal business users to provide them with extended business insight serving their purposes. Your core objectives are to create value out of data and to experiment new technologies in order to develop capabilities within the company.
In order to reach these objectives, you will:
• Manipulate internal and external data sources and conduct Data Analysis in order to produce quality and actionable outputs in a timely manner (+/- 8 weeks per case)
• Build models to process varied and massive data sets using Big Data technologies,
• Build tools for enhanced data visualization and trend reporting
• Deliver Analytics results and tools as intelligence that is actionable by business end-users
• Actively participate in the assessment of the evolution of the Euroclear Analytics platform in terms of softwares.
• Contribute to new ideas (products) development and piloting
Desired Skills and Experience
• You are able to learn quickly, adjust to changes and think outside the box
• You have a strong interest in financial industry business. A previous experience in the financial sector back office will be considered as an asset
• You have good verbal/written and inter-personal skills
• You are self-motivated and confident with a positive attitude,
• You have excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to details
• You are willing to develop innovative, re-usable tools that can be leveraged by business units across the firm
• You stay abreast of new tools and technologies to practice up-to-date data analytic strategies
Your qualifications are the following:
• Master’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field
• 2+ years of experience in data analysis
• 2+ years of experience with open source statistical programming languages (i.e. R)
• Experience in data transformation
• Familiarity with data mining techniques
• Work experience using applied machine learning or statistical modelling; knowledge of algorithms spanning clustering, regression, classification, mixture models, graphical models, Bayesian statistics, and probabilistic modelling
• Experience with command line tools, relational databases (i.e. SQL), data visualization, and version control (i.e. git)
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Here is the link to the original job add.
Please Apply Online
Why don’t you follow these courses to boost your datascience skills ?
The European Data Innovation Hub organizes trainings and hands-on workshops about bigdata and datascience.
Here is the agenda: