In the era of Big Data, data is not useful until we identify patterns, apply context and intelligence. The data scientist, as an emerging career path, is at the core of organizational success with Big Data and for humanizing the data to help businesses better understands their consumer.
As a data scientist, you sift through the explosion of data to discover what the data is telling you. You figure out “what questions to ask” so that relevant information hidden in the large volumes and varieties of data can be extracted. The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and layouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.
- Be a true partner in defining the solutions, have and develop business acumen and bring technical perspective in furthering the product and business;
- Aggregate data from various sources;
- Help define, design, and build projects that leverage our data;
- Develop computational algorithms and statistical methods that find patterns and relationships in large volumes of data;
- Determine and implement mechanisms to improve our data quality;
- Deliver clear, well-communicated and complete design documents;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals;
- Exhibit Creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with best in class designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers.
- You have a logical approach to the solution of problems and good conceptual ability and skills in analysis;
- You have the ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- You possess good interpersonal skills;
- You are self reliant and capable of both independent work and as member of a team;
- You are persistent, accurate, imaginative;
- You are able and have the discipline to document and record results;
- Be customer service oriented;
- Be open minded and solution oriented;
- You enjoy constantly expanding your knowledge base;
- You are willing to travel up to five days per month.
The successful candidate should have 5+ years experience in large-scale software development, with at least 3 years in Hadoop. Have a strong cross-functional technical background, excellent written/oral communication skills, and a willingness and capacity to expand their leadership and technical skills.
- BS / MS in computer Science;
- Strong understanding of data mining and machine learning algorithms, data structures and related core software engineering concepts;
- Understanding the concepts of Hadoop, HBase and other big data technologies; Understanding of marketing processes in the financial and or retail market;
- Have a sound knowledge of SPSS and SQL
Here is the original jobpost .