Purpose of the Role:
The Data Sciences group within Pharma IT department of Janssen is looking for an outstanding Director who is interested in leading, designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to Patients and Janssen. Our IT department spans across the entire value chain at Janssen Pharmaceuticals from discovery to after launch enabling this person to work with various business units to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then implement end to end data analytical solutions. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining solutions, leadership and creativity to invent, customize and work in a multidisciplinary environment to drive business solutions.
There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to leverage the data to create business value. The Janssen Data Sciences group is looking for a Director who stays on the cutting edge of data mining research and big data technologies by leading, implementing and creating novel solutions to influence decisions at various levels in the organization.
The Director, Data Sciences will be part of a dynamic, accomplished informatics team that will support multiple therapeutic areas in commercial part of the business delivering innovative medicines to patients.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- He/she will work with colleagues in commercial IT to develop, implement, and apply state-of-the art scientific algorithms and methods for addressing business questions.
- He/she will lead a group of data scientists who will develop and implement analytic and analysis solutions as required.
- He/she will be responsible for direct support of commercial data analysis projects and will deliver novel technological, computational solutions and analyses in support of project teams.
- He/she will work closely with colleagues to keep up-to-date with the latest approaches and advances in data science and evaluate vendor tools and external data sets as required.
- He/she will lead data sciences/project teams with responsibility and accountability to drive business solutions.
- He/she will work with complex, high-dimensional data and work to integrate and analyze data sets using high performance computing and advanced algorithms as required.
- He/she will participate in project teams, elicit needs, and act in a leadership role as a trusted primary business and scientific partner.
- He/she will conceive, design, lead and implement end to end data mining solutions to support Janssen’s business units and initiatives.
- He/she will work with other business units to map business requirements into technical solution and deliver results.
- He/she will coordinate efforts of internal stakeholders to ensure that applications meet customer requirements and exceed performance targets.
- He/she will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints.
- Master Degree or Ph.D degree in Computer Sciences, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Statistics, Computational Biology or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience.
- Proven leadership and industrial experience in driving projects under tight timelines is a plus.
- Strong understanding of technological landscape in big data
- 10 plus years of experience in the field of analytics, advanced statistics, data mining and text mining
- 5 plus years in roles that create a tangible business impact through Analytics and Data Sciences
- Experience in Big Data and predictive technologies such as natural language processing, semantic data integration, high performance computing, parallel computing and etc. is a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are required.
- Experience as a manager/team lead and/or first level supervisory skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship abilities required.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models etc.
- Very hands on in developing and implementing business solutions with techniques such as Data mining, Advanced Statistics, Artificial Intelligence based methods etc.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as .net, Java, Perl, C++, etc
- Experienced in informatics analysis and visualization software/tools
- Familiar with large datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent aptitude for application of mathematics and quantitative methods to business problems
- Ability to take complex and/or technical concepts and describe them in easy to understand business terminologyPrimary Location:Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium
Other Locations:Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Organization: Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Job Function: Info Technology
Job Segment: Biotech, Database, Neurology, Hematology, Immunology, Healthcare, Science, Technology
How to apply?
We manage other vacancies that are not public, we can bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.