The Brussels Data Science Community has been invited to host a pre-event Hadoop Meetup on April 14, we have 2 excellent speakers and there are 2 more slots available so feel free to propose an adequate subject.
All our members get 15% discount on the registration fee.
Here is the agenda of our Hadoop meetup
- Ofer Mendelevitch
Ofer Mendelevitch is Director of data sciences at Hortonworks, where he is responsible for professional services involving data science with Hadoop. Prior to joining Hortonworks, Ofer served as Entrepreneur in Residence at XSeed Capital where he developed an investment strategy around big data. Before XSeed, Ofer served as VP of Engineering at Nor1, and before that he was Director of engineering at Yahoo! where he led multiple engineering and data science teams responsible for R&D of large scale computational advertising projects including CTR prediction (with Hadoop), a new front-end ad-serving system and sales tools.
- Jiwon Seo
Jiwon Seo is a PhD candidate in computer science at Stanford, working with professor Monica Lam. His research interest includes distributed systems, large-scale graph analysis, and query languages. With his advisor he designed and implemented SociaLite, a query language and distributed system for graph analysis. His work on SociaLite is presented in various academic conferences including ICDE, VLDB, SIGMOD, as well as industry conferences including Hadoop Summit and Python Conference.
- Speaker 3
To be defined
- Speaker 4
To be defined
About the Hadoop Summit Europe – April 15 & 16
Hadoop Summit, the leading conference for the Apache Hadoop community, is coming to Europe. This two-day event will feature many of the Apache Hadoop thought leaders who will showcase successful Hadoop use cases, share development and administration tips and tricks, and educate organizations about how best to leverage Apache Hadoop as a key component in their enterprise data architecture. It will also be an excellent networking event for developers, architects, administrators, data analysts, data scientists and vendors interested in advancing, extending or implementing Apache Hadoop.
What makes Hadoop Summit different
- Community Focused – Sessions voted on by the public and selected by a committee of industry luminaries.
- Deep Dive Technical Content – Come hear it from the elephant’s mouth. You’ll get deep-dive technical content from committers across a wide range of advanced/basic topics and projects
- Business and Technical Topics – Sessions will be rated on how technical vs business focused they are intended allowing you to pick the right content based on your background.
- Community Activities – Hadoop Summit will host community meet-ups, birds of a feather sessions and the first “unconference” within a conference.
- One of a Kind – The only Hadoop Community event in Europe.
- A Rockin Party – Of course, no conference would be complete without a party. Don’t miss the Hadoop Summit party held the first evening of Hadoop Summit.
Over 40 sessions, covering Data Science and Hadoop, Hadoop Governance, Security & Operations, Hadoop Access Engines, Applications of Hadoop and the Data-Driven Business, and the Future of Apache Hadoop, are now available for review at http://2015.hadoopsummit.org/brussels/agenda/. Congratulations to those chosen to present at the 2105 Summit Brussels!
Registration and discount for our members
- Early bird discount ends on February 14th.
- Our members get 15% discount when they use the discount code hug-15 .
- You can register here and please