What you need to know about us
The Sony Belgium branch of Sony Europe hosts a variety of support departments, one of which being the Service, Quality and Environmental department. Within this group a new after-sales business analysis team has been created that focusses on contact-, service- and parts-operations. We are currently recruiting 2 enthusiastic number crunchers that are passionate about the business and want to help making it better. Are you one of them?
What your job will look like
- Products’ behaviour in the market. How many times do they fail and more importantly why would they fail.
- Our operation. How can we increase the quality and efficiency of the operations we are running to service and support consumers in Europe.
- Our IT systems that constantly require adaptation to a business in change.
- The datasets we have to our availability are huge and we would expect you to understand the scope of analysis required, gather the right data sets and to analyse situations for specific product groups, workflows, services and processes.
- How people use their SONY products in the market through CRM analysis.
- What failures consumers come to encounter (and at what occurrence) through CRM service data analysis
- What channels consumers use to communicate with us and what the impact of that is on customer satisfaction and cost
- How and against what time we are fixing stuff (and how we might be able to do better)
- Why people need service and support and how we might be more pro-active
- What IT changes we require in order to do all of the above in a smarter way
- Well informed, efficient and customer caring.
- Able to make the right decisions in the way we prioritise our change and come to allocate investment
What we are looking for
- A Talented and Inspiring individual with an analytical background (higher education – Bachelor – Master). Typically people who have an affinity with number crunching and have a maths, economics, IT or science background.
- You should be able to summarize complex data sets into management summaries (trends, patterns, cost impact, quality impact)
- You wouldn’t necessarily require proving experience in a similar job role. We will be assessing you based on your skills and competencies and not immediately on your job experience. You could be a starter in a very dynamic organisation and we would gladly invest the time to get you into it if you show ambitious, caring and are willing to overachieve.
- Excel should have few secrets. More importantly, in case it has secrets you would show the motivation to unlock them. We use specific reporting tools based on SAP Business Objects and SQL server management studio and would provide you with training on this in case you haven’t used this before.
- You should not be shy. As a business analyst you wouldn’t be in front of your PC all the time. We expect you to attend business meetings and you should be able to formulate stance based on reason and data.
- You take pride in the presentation of your data. You highlight and you structure and you will dare to provide comments.
- When you are ready with your analysis, you have the energy left to double check your data and your business understanding of the impact. You are outgoing and you like to partner with colleagues. When you present your data you will not hesitate to use Powerpoint and make sure you adapt to your audience (some are specialists that would challenge, others are further away and might need more explanation)
- You would be involved in the CRM change cycle. You find it motivating to provide impact analysis and make simulations that would offer management to make well informed decisions.
- You are willing to operate in a multi-cultural environment which is in constant change. What is done today might have lost relevancy tomorrow. You re-invent yourself while you help re-inventing the way we conduct business day by day.
- Structured and Methodical
- Very analytical
- Number cruncher, interested in the reality and business processes behind the figures
- Ambitious to deliver the very best to the company
- Able to summarize complex matters from big data
- You are to know your way around in MS Office, especially Excel
- Likes to improve, advocates for change
- Team player
- Self-innovator, able to work independently to an established goal
- Flexible, ready to adapt to new ways and means
- Experience with reporting software (SPSS, BusinessObjects, SQL, Access) could work in your advantage however is not a must have.
- Proficient knowledge of English
- Does not just see the pieces of the puzzle, sees the bigger picture
How to apply?Make sure you are a member of the Brussels Data Science Community linkedin group before you apply. Join here. Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to email@example.com .
We manage other vacancies that are not public, we can bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.