What your job will look like
Our rapidly growing team of Forensic Technology Solutions (“FTS”) consultants captures consolidates and interrogates massive volumes of structured and unstructured data. The FTS team is part of the Dispute Analysis & Investigations (“DA&I”) group offering services around dispute resolution fraud anti-money laundering software licensing management etc. They provide data-driven expertise in support of complex litigation cases and business issues allowing our clients and their counsel to make informed strategic decisions. Your primary role will be to leverage your strong technical and managerial skills on a variety of data mining projects. As a Data Mining Consultant within our Forensic Technology Solutions team you will:
- document IT architectures to identify all relevant sources of information
- forensically obtain data from computers servers and mobile devices ensuring the evidential integrity of the data is maintained
- perform forensic analysis data recovery and normalisation of data in preparation for review by investigators or legal counsel
- write SQL (or other) code to aid data cleansing and interrogation
- perform quantitative analysis and syntheses of complex transactional data
- consult with clients on business issues often explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical people
- draft reports and presentations to explain our findings
- research new data mining products tools and techniques
- a strong academic background in engineering statistics or computer science and associated courses such as artificial intelligence
- at least 4 years of relevant experience
- an exceptional analytical aptitude including the ability to work on accounting data
- a high level of enthusiasm energy and personal integrity
- a strong desire to learn innovate and find new and better ways of doing things
- the ability to work both independently and in teams
- the ability to prioritise tasks and work to extremely tight deadlines
- a concise and clear communication style
Moreover you have an interest and technical expertise in several of the following:
- Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL query languages and associated technology
- statistical analytical skills using SAS R Python social network analysis or clustering techniques neural networks genetic algorithms and predictive modelling/decision trees
- data visualisation using tools such as R Processing Tableau Inkscape or Flare
- text mining relevance ranking document clustering or sentiment analysis
- forensic procedures
- reverse engineering of ERP systems or datasets
- packages such as Pentaho RapidMiner Weka and Microsoft SSAS & SSRS
- programming or scripting in C# .NET Perl Python and PowerShell
An added bonus would be if you have applied the above concepts to the areas of fraud detection or prevention.
We have this opportunity at our Brussels office. In addition to a competitive salary supplemented with attractive fringe benefits we offer you a multidisciplinary environment with challenging career prospects continual education and on-the-job training.
At PwC, we provide industry-focused audit, tax and consulting services to public and private clients in Belgium and internationally. We help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for by working hard every day, using our experience, industry knowledge, business insights and network to give our clients a distinctive experience. In Belgium, we employ about 1500 people in our offices in Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent and Liege.
How to apply?
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to email@example.com .