Are you looking for…
… a position in which you actively take part in the design and innovative usage of a state-of-the art Big Data solution to enable ING’s business lines to gain new insights from the wide variety of data available in the bank?
… a position in which you will experience first-hand that data is the oil of the 21st century, and (advanced) analytics the combustion engine?
… a position in which you will continuously share new experiences and develop yourself further in the Big Data domain?
• Be part of the dedicated Advanced Predictive Analytics Scrum team consisting of a mix of profiles such as Data Scientists, Data Experts and Big Data Developers
• Take the lead in the design of our evolving Big Data environment
• Develop the flows to bring the data into the Big Data environment by using Flume & Sqoop
• Prepare the data by implementing transformation steps and quality controls thanks to Pig and Spark
• Analyze the data via the usage of distributed machine learning algorithms written in Java & Scala, based on the input of the Data Scientists
• Perform the installation, configuration and maintenance of the Big Data applicative stack
• Collaborate with application owners to define the best approach to fetch the data produced by their application
You have …
• …a Master or Bachelor degree in information technology, computer science or equivalent
• … 5 or more years of development experience with Java and/or Scala
• … 5 or more years of experience in Data Warehousing / Business Intelligence
• … working knowledge or hands-on experience with Hadoop Clusters, including setting up, configuring and monitoring Hadoop file cluster
• …the ability to translate Use Cases into Big Data Hadoop solutions
• … working experience with Hadoop data platforms and its ecosystem (Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Spark…) is a definite plus
• … knowledge of scripting language (OS level, JVM based) is considered as an extra asset
• … a good knowledge of English. A good command of French and/or Dutch is considered as an asset.
And are you also someone who is …
• … result-oriented, analytical and strong in problem solving
• … well organized: you work out detailed action plans how to reach your goal, taking into account the constraints and priorities
• … technical-minded but who can still grasp the bigger picture and the business objectives
• … a team player able to work in an agile and highly collaborative environment
• … able to challenge yourself to cope with the fast-paced technological evolutions
• … eager to learn continuously from and who is active in the Big Data community
• … a strong communicator, able to present concepts and data in a structured way
• … assertive but diplomatic
How to apply?
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
More Jobs ?
Have you been to our Meetups yet ?
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.