Dirk Struyf from HP wants to publish this vacancy
I noticed there is a job section on https://datasciencebe.com/
I’m actually looking for a master data scientist in Belgium.
People should apply via jobs.hp.com
About HP Analytics & Data Management
About the role of Data Scientist
- Defines analytic strategies to meet the demands of business requirements.
- Defines the technical requirements of the analytic solutions.
- Defines the data requirements of the analytic solution.
- Conducts sophisticated data mining analyses and build data mining models, as required, as part of the initial solution development.
- Translates data mining results into clear business focused deliverables for decision makers.
- Works with Application Developers to deploy data mining models into operational systems.
- Defines and recommends best practices for applying data mining to problem domain.
- Designs and/or contributes to the development of a data mining systems that enable reuse, efficiency, manageability and deployment.
- Integrates advanced analytics into end-to-end business intelligence solutions and operational business processes.
- Usually responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is usually the Principal Consultant who analyses and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads large cross functional teams to include technical management of client staff assigned to implementation team in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverables.
- Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations. May need to develop new methods to apply to situations.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts, solution design. Provides consulting advice to customer senior leadership and sets strategic direction for customers based on HP’s solutions and products.
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution.
- Produces strategies which assist HP in becoming No. 1 in the market place.
- Actively participates in HP professions program and Practice Improvement activities.
- Proactively encourages Re-use within practice or profession.
- Is recognized by peers as an expert in a particular area of technology.
- Sustained and consistent contribution at the region level.
- 12+ years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/ Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a Masters degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (15+ years in total).
- > 5 years of experience in analytic application/solution development. Refers to the implementation of repeatable analytic solutions which encompass all phases of the software development cycle. Beyond model development.
- Strong business focus. Must excel at connecting business requirements to data mining objectives and to measurable business benefit.
- >5 years use of R, SAS Enterprise Miner or SPSS Clementine for data mining and statistical analysis
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Expert use of data mining methodologies such as classical regression, logistic regression, CHAID, CART, neural nets, association rules, sequence analysis, cluster analysis, and text mining.
- Expert use of SQL and experience with relational databases
- Experience with Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Hive or equivalent
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; fluent in English.
- Demonstrates ability to develop solutions that can be used at multiple customer sites to enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of their enterprise.
- Develops reusable solutions and workarounds that are innovative and demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of the affected products, processes, and the customer environment. Breadth of knowledge covers additional business units, third parties, competitors, and business drivers.
- Recognized as an advanced subject matter expert of analytic products, applied technologies and processes, combining vendor interoperability knowledge pertaining to complex IT infrastructures.
- May define interoperability issues between vendors’ products. Is a recognized expert in one or more technologies across an HP Services (HPS) region. Holds a vendor or industry certification in more than one discipline area. Regularly represents HPS at industry recognized technical events.
- Has performed troubleshooting across a number of significant multi-vendor products.
- Has demonstrated innovation and ability to communicate new offerings across multiple business units. Has led a cross functional team in the delivery of multiple solutions across multiple technologies.
- Ability to operate and present at all levels, and in public forums, to facilitate business discussions, and controls and leads those discussions.
- Demonstrates ability to represent the whole organization within a customer sales presentation, conveying the benefits of working with the business. Ability to lead production of proposals, working across departments, for complex customer solutions.
- Able to lead, coach and mentor others in consulting skills.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and win new opportunities through application of consulting skills. Maintains and develops client engagements which are strategic.
- Ability to relate risks and challenges with other client efforts.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures.
- Ability to develop Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements to technologies.
How to apply?
Primary Location – Belgium-Belgium-Diegem
Schedule – Full-time
Shift – Day Job
Travel – Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting – Jan 19, 2015
Job ID: 1359675