Dirk Struyf from HP wants to publish this vacancy
I noticed there is a job section on https://datasciencebe.com/
I’m actually looking for a master data scientist in Belgium.
People should apply via jobs.hp.com
About HP Analytics & Data Management
HP’s Analytics & Data Management (A&DM) solve our client’s most pressing challenges by enabling them to harness the power of data for insightful decisions and smarter systems.
Analytics is one of the top focus areas for HP and as such, this is an area of significant ongoing growth, investment and commitment for Enterprise Services. The position represents an exciting opportunity to be part of a high growth team, driving innovative, next generation solutions with leading enterprises and public sector clients.
About the role of Data Scientist
The Master Data Scientist will apply their knowledge of advanced analytics, data mining and statistical techniques to design and develop enterprise analytic solutions which are focused on specific industry solutions for HP clients. These solutions will position HP as a leader in the use of advanced analytics to improve business performance.
The Master Data Scientist will define best practices in the use of advanced analytics and therefore must possess the ability to understand and document business processes and influence process improvement.
The Master Data Scientist will also explore emerging technologies to evaluate new analytic possibilities. The individual filling this role will be expected to hit the ground running on the delivery of advanced analytic solutions.
In this role you will be expected to design and develop prototypes & proof-of-concept solutions in support of presales activities as well as support the development of standardized analytic offerings across multiple industries.
- Defines analytic strategies to meet the demands of business requirements.
- Defines the technical requirements of the analytic solutions.
- Defines the data requirements of the analytic solution.
- Conducts sophisticated data mining analyses and build data mining models, as required, as part of the initial solution development.
- Translates data mining results into clear business focused deliverables for decision makers.
- Works with Application Developers to deploy data mining models into operational systems.
- Defines and recommends best practices for applying data mining to problem domain.
- Designs and/or contributes to the development of a data mining systems that enable reuse, efficiency, manageability and deployment.
- Integrates advanced analytics into end-to-end business intelligence solutions and operational business processes.
- Usually responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is usually the Principal Consultant who analyses and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads large cross functional teams to include technical management of client staff assigned to implementation team in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverables.
- Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations. May need to develop new methods to apply to situations.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts, solution design. Provides consulting advice to customer senior leadership and sets strategic direction for customers based on HP’s solutions and products.
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution.
- Produces strategies which assist HP in becoming No. 1 in the market place.
- Actively participates in HP professions program and Practice Improvement activities.
- Proactively encourages Re-use within practice or profession.
- Is recognized by peers as an expert in a particular area of technology.
- Sustained and consistent contribution at the region level.
- 12+ years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/ Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a Masters degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (15+ years in total).
- > 5 years of experience in analytic application/solution development. Refers to the implementation of repeatable analytic solutions which encompass all phases of the software development cycle. Beyond model development.
- Strong business focus. Must excel at connecting business requirements to data mining objectives and to measurable business benefit.
- >5 years use of R, SAS Enterprise Miner or SPSS Clementine for data mining and statistical analysis
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Expert use of data mining methodologies such as classical regression, logistic regression, CHAID, CART, neural nets, association rules, sequence analysis, cluster analysis, and text mining.
- Expert use of SQL and experience with relational databases
- Experience with Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Hive or equivalent
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; fluent in English.
- Demonstrates ability to develop solutions that can be used at multiple customer sites to enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of their enterprise.
- Develops reusable solutions and workarounds that are innovative and demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of the affected products, processes, and the customer environment. Breadth of knowledge covers additional business units, third parties, competitors, and business drivers.
- Recognized as an advanced subject matter expert of analytic products, applied technologies and processes, combining vendor interoperability knowledge pertaining to complex IT infrastructures.
- May define interoperability issues between vendors’ products. Is a recognized expert in one or more technologies across an HP Services (HPS) region. Holds a vendor or industry certification in more than one discipline area. Regularly represents HPS at industry recognized technical events.
- Has performed troubleshooting across a number of significant multi-vendor products.
- Has demonstrated innovation and ability to communicate new offerings across multiple business units. Has led a cross functional team in the delivery of multiple solutions across multiple technologies.
- Ability to operate and present at all levels, and in public forums, to facilitate business discussions, and controls and leads those discussions.
- Demonstrates ability to represent the whole organization within a customer sales presentation, conveying the benefits of working with the business. Ability to lead production of proposals, working across departments, for complex customer solutions.
- Able to lead, coach and mentor others in consulting skills.
- Demonstrates ability to develop and win new opportunities through application of consulting skills. Maintains and develops client engagements which are strategic.
- Ability to relate risks and challenges with other client efforts.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures.
- Ability to develop Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements to technologies.
How to apply?
Primary Location – Belgium-Belgium-Diegem
Schedule – Full-time
Shift – Day Job
Travel – Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting – Jan 19, 2015
Job ID: 1359675