- Last application date: Jan 23, 2015 09:00
- Department: EB07 – Department of Marketing
- Contract: Limited duration
- Degree: Master’s degree in Business Engineering (or other master’s degree with profound background in statistics and data analysis)
- Occupancy rate: 100%
- Vacancy Type: Research staff
The research project will be conducted under the supervision of prof. dr. Dries Benoit and addresses new developments in pricing and revenue management. Many industries that depend on ticket sales started using yield management in order to improve occupancy and increase revenue. The models currently in use, however, often estimate price-response relationships with very basic functions. The goal of this research is to develop advanced Bayesian models and to apply these in the context of, e.g., soccer or movie theatres. You will engage in various research activities, including literature review, preparing and conducting multiple simulation as well as field experiments, interacting with organizations, conducting data-analysis, writing scientific articles and presenting at scientific conferences. This will allow you to prepare for and obtain a doctoral degree.
- A challenging job in an intellectually stimulating environment
- Many opportunities for learning and development
- Flexibility and autonomy
- A full-time position for four years (pending positive evaluation after 12 months)
- A gross monthly salary of 3.145 EUR and 38 days of paid vacation
The department is located at Tweekerkenstraat 2, Ghent, Belgium
Starting date is October 1, 2015
Profile of the candidate
We are looking for:
- A master’s degree in Business Engineering (or other master’s degree with profound background in statistics and data analysis). Final-year students are also welcome to apply.
- Excellent study results and master’s thesis
- Good programming skills (e.g. R, Python, SQL, C, etc.)
- Good writing skills, especially in English
- A strong interest in research, especially in the domain of pricing and revenue management
- An intellectually curious, analytical, responsible, and proactive person who is able to work autonomously as well as in team
How to apply
Feel free to contact prof. dr. Dries Benoit for any further information or questions.
To apply, send your motivation letter, resume, and a one-page summary of your master’s thesis to email@example.com no later than January 23, 2014 (9am).
Please include your detailed study results (list of obtained points for every course per study year) and at least one reference that we may contact (e.g., thesis supervisor). The thesis summary should be in English; the letter and resume can be in English or Dutch.