We had an excellent last meetup yesterday. Our joint venture with bigdata.be was a huge succes! You can find the link of the presentations in the text bellow.
Over 235 experts had registered and the aula at the VUBrussels was packed with enthusiastic Data Science and Big Data Experts.
We had an excellent first 9 months, thank you for joining our community, thank you for engaging and giving us so much feedback.
We have some challenging activities planned in 2015. We are organising the ‘Data Innovation Summit‘ on March 26th, this will be an event packed with datascience and bigdata cases all made in Belgium. Linked with this event we will also publish a book, ‘datascience made in Belgium’. If you want your project to be part of the book, please contact me.
We are looking forward to meeting you again next year.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! May it bring you joy, happiness and everything else you deserve.
The Brussels Data Science Leadership team
Sam, Sébastien, Istvan, Bart & Philippe
- 18:30 Update on recent activities and developments by Philippe Van Impe. Link
- 18:45 Latest update on the output of the Data4Good project done with Doctors Without Borders by Sébastien Leempoel & Edward Vanden Berghe
- 18:55 Invitation to join Data4Good competition hosted by Kaggle, National Data Science Bowl, Assessing Ocean Health, Starting December 15th. Link
- 19:00 Wim Van Leuven about Big Data and the influence of data science. Link
- 19:30 Daan Gerits about the technological challenges around BigData and what the ideal IT architecture should look like. Link
- 20:00 Ferdinand Casier & Mathias Verbeke about 2 current projects at Agoria (EluciDATA and Made Different) where companies from different sectors are supported in their data innovation and data analytics challenge. Link
- 20:45 Karim Douïeb The pro & cons of the open-source data analytics cluster computing framework called Spark. How it is helping us to perform analytics on large amount of telco/banking data. How to convey the insights provided by this analysis through data visualisation using D3.js. link
- 21:15 Questions & Answers