I’m please to invite you to our next meetup focused on Big Data and Data Science.
Here is the agenda:
Dedicated session on Big Data. Our friends from bigdata.be wil explain what issues that terabites of data bring and what architectures are required to be able to manage it. We will have Agoria talking about key projects they support where data analytics plays a major role, followed by talks from companies involved in BigData projects.
•18:30 Update on resent activities and evolutions by Philippe Van Impe
• 19:00 Wim Van Leuven about Big Data and the influence of data science
• 19:30 Daan Gerits about the technological challenges around BigData and how the ideal IT architecture should look like
• 20:00 Ferdinand Casier about 2 running projects at Agoria (EluciDATA and Made Different) where companies of different sectors are supported in their data innovation and data analytics challenge..
• 20:45 Karim Douïeb The pro & cons of the open-source data analytics cluster computing framework called Spark. How it is helping us to perform analytics on large amount of telco/banking data. How to convey the insights provided by this analysis through data visualisation using D3.js
• 21:30 Networking in Kultuurkaffee – X-mas party !