Nassim Haddad asks us to post this vacancy,
November 18, 2014 10:47 AM
Mars would like to share this vacancy with the Brussels Data Science Community.
If you need to get more info about the job, just contact Yassine El Ouarzazi .
The Mars Catalyst team is the multidisciplinary think tank of Mars. The team is a very diverse group of researchers and program managers, coming from multiple cultural, academic and professional backgrounds. We partner with various academic and technology organizations outside Mars to develop applied research initiatives in the areas of Marketing and Sales Sciences (Demand Lab), Business Model Innovation (Mutuality Lab) and Business Anthropology (Culture Lab).
The team organization very flat, collaborative and entrepreneurial, and the leadership pays strong attention to associate wellbeing and development.
THE JOB and RESPONSABILITIES
We have an exciting opening for a Big Data & Analytics Research Program Manager, whose role will focus on building and strengthening the Data and Analytics capability for Mars globally.
This position would be ideally located in Brussels, Belgium, but is also open in New York (NY) and Chicago (IL).
Key responsibilities: Be the “Knowledge Entrepreneur” on Big Data and Analytics for Mars Inc.
- Develop a deep understanding of the CPG business model challenges and opportunities, both in the offline and the digital spaces
- Develop the strategic vision for the Mars Big Data and Analytics practice in order to address these challenges and opportunities
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of the technology, data sources and applications of data science
- Develop a strong academic and industry expert network in the area of Big Data and Analytics. Build ambitious partnerships with academic institutions, technology companies and internal stakeholders (Business leaders, IT, etc.)
- Leverage both these internal and external resources to build a strong pipeline of projects that will substantiate the Mars data and analytics strategic vision and help embed the capabilities within the Mars organization.
- Manage the external teams of academics and data scientists who will support the Big Data & Analytics Research Program Manager in delivering the analytics projects / prototypes.
- Provide thought leadership to the Mars leadership team on the topic of analytics and data strategy.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have
- strong entrepreneurial skills
- a high level of energy and drive to push project/initiatives forward
- an interest for FMCG business
- a good knowledge of data (and experience in) analytics
- a genuine curiosity and appetite for innovation
- strong networking, leadership and communication skills to engage external and internal stakeholders in the development of innovative, sometimes disruptive, solutions
- a math, engineering, science, computer, economics or business degree (Masters or higher)
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant area (analytics, entrepreneurship, innovation management, academic research, technology, program management, etc.)
If you are interested by this job, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.