Mohammed, the CEO of Mentis has kindly requested us to publish their latest job vacancy.
Data Analyst – Ref: datasciencebe
As a Quantitative analyst at Mentis, you will develop innovative new technologies, products,
and execute analytic projects that help our clients achieve their goals and build competitive
At Mentis we built the future by offering state-of-the-art services in Text/Data Mining,
Natural Language Processing and all kinds of Statistical Analysis. We started in 2005 as a
spin-off of the Artificial Intelligence Lab of the University of Brussels and, since then, our
pool of talent helped many clients to optimize their costs and revenue. We operate globally,
our clients are from several sectors and we are well renowned for the quality of our services.
We believe in people’s empowerment, our environment is cozy and friendly and we privilege
a startup mentality and dynamics.
We apply machine learning techniques to structured and non structured data. We develop Artificial
Intelligence based systems to tackle hard problems in areas like optimization, prediction,
entity resolution, search relevance, recommendation algorithms and network analysis.
If you enjoy working with data to build products and solve hard problems in creative ways,
you will fit right in.
- Strong background in Machine Learning, Statistics and/or Information Retrieval.
- Some experience working with large data-sets.
- 2+ years experience developing high quality software, contributions to open source projects are a plus.
- Experience programming in an object oriented language (Java, C++, etc).
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Ruby or Python and familiarity with web frameworks are a plus.
- Comfortable with data analysis and visualization using tools like R, Matlab, or SciPy.
- Critical thinking: ability to track down complex data and engineering issues, evaluate different algorithmic approaches, and analyze data to solve problems.
- Creativity: you can conceive of new data driven products, features, and technologies.
- Results: you prioritize, focusing on ideas and features that will have significant, measurable impact.
- Planning and estimation: ability to set and meet your own project objectives and milestones.
- Ability to coordinate effectively with team members in engineering, design, and product management.
- Communicate results and progress internally and externally in meetings, presentations, and tech talks.
- Masters, Phd, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field like computer science, physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, etc.
What we offer
- A position in a fast growing area.
- A joyous salary.
- Lots of room for your creativity.
- 20 days of paid leave plus an average of 10 public holidays.
- Possibility of doing 1 day of remote work per week.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Flat organizational structure where people can set up their own agenda and deliverables.
- Good pension and health care scheme.
- A phenomenal atmosphere in the office, including snacks, good coffee and free drinks.
- An international, young and friendly environment in a shiny office in Brussels downtown.
- Plenty of opportunities for learning and improving as a professional.
If you are interested please contact Mentis and dont forget to mention the ref: datasciencebe:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with in CC: email@example.com
Tel:+32 2 647.72.25
More Jobs ?
Click here for more jobs offers
Check out our twitter account: @datajobsbe