INSTITUUT VOOR TROPISCHE GENEESKUNDE zoekt
1 Biostatisticus (M/V)
- Provide statistical expertise and supervise the statistical activities for all clinical trials and related topics at the ITM.
- Provide statistical input in study protocol and in the development of case report forms and CT database.
- Prepare statistical analysis plans, prepare and test statistical analysis programs (in SAS, Stata, or R).
- Perform statistical analysis and interpret CT data, prepare statistical methods and results sections of the clinical study report and manuscripts.
- Interact with CTU colleagues and ITM researchers to give statistical input and guidance.
- Be a member of Research Consortia and Trial Management Groups, co- determinate the projects’ design and stimulate interdisciplinary collaboration within projects.
- Contribute to the strengthening of CT capacities and statistical expertise of partner institutes in the developing world. Ensure the conduct of statistical activities according to the regulatory and ethical requirements (GCP, ICH) and ITM SOPs.
- Contribute to the review of data handling and analysis SOPs and processes.
- Interact with the quality assurance unit of the ITM to develop SOPs and guidelines for appropriate levels of documentation and statistical standards of CT and intervention studies at the ITM.
- Provide internal training sessions.
- Build up and maintain a network of internal and external contacts beyond our own specialist field.
- Master in biostatistics or applied statistics.
- A least 5 years’ experience in biostatistics with min 3 years’ experience in statistical analysis and programming of CT data.
- Good knowledge of statistical techniques applicable to CT.
- Sound knowledge of GCP and ICH guidelines.
- Thorough technical knowledge of one or more of the following statistical software packages: SAS, Stata, R, SPSS. Experience in clinical trials- related SAS programming is preferred.
- Must be able to write and explain study results in a clear, concise and easy-to understand English to an audience of non-statisticians.
- You have excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French and Dutch is an asset.
- Overseas experience is an advantage.
Aanbod en voordelen
- An intellectually stimulating, international and socially committed environment, with room for personal initiative. The ITM is situated in the centre of the vibrant city of Antwerp.
- A full-time contract of 2 years. After positive evaluation followed by a unlimited-term contract. Starting date as soon as possible.
- A gross salary set according to the pay scales of the ITM and the Flemish universities.
- Reimbursement of public transportation costs, bicycle compensation, private pension scheme (after two years) and luncheon vouchers.
E-mail t.a.v Personeelsdienst Vacatures- – e-mail: email@example.com
For more information, contact Mr. Joris Menten (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications, with motivation letter and ITM application form, should be received by e-mail at Vacatures@itg.be, by November 30, 2014.
Please use the application form available as a download on http://www.itg.be/vacatures.