KBC asked us to publish yet another job opportunity.
KBC Group Data Scientist
One of the largest bancassurers in Belgium and in the emerging markets of Central Europe, KBC is active in retail banking, insurance, private banking, asset management and corporate banking.
KBC Group employs around 37 000 people and serves approximately 9 million customers.
For more information about the KBC Group surf to www.kbc.be
Objective of the role
In a changing market environment, where customer needs are more diverse and customer expectations are more personalized, KBC group wants to optimally use the growing “data footprint” of the market to become more customer centric. and become a reference in data analytics. Ultimately, we aim to transform our business into a data driven group.
KBC therefore wants to attract internal capabilities that are highly advanced in exploiting, analysing and modelling data.
Background & Place in the organisation
The recruiting group will operate on Corporate level, working in support of all Business Units;
They will be accountable for:
- Becoming the reference for Big Data expertise within the Group with regards to Data Analysis & Modelling
- Overseeing a portfolio of initiatives, ensuring both knowledge sharing as well as supporting the installed corporate governance body
- Feeding local Business Units with unknown insights based on data and where required, assisting them with the commercial activation of these insights
- Testing commercial hypothesis as suggested by Business Units or from within the own group
- Ensuring the establishment and evolution of a knowledge and technology base throughout the Group
- It will therefore have a close collaborative relationship with KBC IT.
- Establishing and exploiting partnerships outside KBC, academic and commercial.
The group will not be accountable for monetising the data insights within the market – Business Units are accountable for this.
The personal objectives will be derived from the group objectives.
Louvain, with regular trips to other KBC headquarters internationally.
Profile and Education
Educational background (academic or otherwise)
Master’s degree in a technical study such as mathematics, applied science, computer science, physics, chemistry, econometrics, actuary, etc.
Technical Skills (key skills in bold)
- Fundamentals: SQL, OLAP, JSON and XML
- Statistics: Exploratory data analysis, Bayesian statistics, Probability Theory, Regression, Correlation, Monte Carlo, hypothesis testing
- Programming: Python/R/SPSS, Web scraping, reading various kinds of data, Java, .NET, C#
- Machine learning: Supervised/Unsupervised learning, predictive algorithms, classifiers, association, regression, Trees, KNN etc.
- Text mining / NLP: Text analysis, feature extraction, SVM
- Visualization: Tableau, Spotfire, d3.js, Shiny, ggplot2
- Big Data: Map reduce, HDFS, Data replication
- Data Ingestion: Data discovery, data sources & acquisition, data integration, data fusion, how much data?
- Data Mining: PCA, denoising, feature extraction, handling missing values, data scrubbing, dimensionality and numerosity reduction
- Entrepreneurial, self demanding and a constant learner, persistent, innovative
- Self (Project) management skills
- Besides a natural curiosity and creativity for problem solving, you are pragmatic and communicative.
- This unique combination makes you a good team player, but you are also able to work independently on different cases.
- You can clearly present and visualize your work to others.
- You have obtained these skills through several years of working experience and/or PhD research.
- Knowledge in the field of financial services, marketing or client behavior is an advantage (banking industry, telecom)
- Client hand, i.e. can clearly communicate the outcomes of complicated analyses. Making complex things simple without dropping the essence of the problem.
What KBC offers
You can count on KBC for:
- active support during your career,
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities,
- many different career opportunities,
- a permanent contract,
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products,
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life,
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.
How to apply?
Apply online with the application form on this website.
More Jobs ?
Click here for more jobs offers
Check out our twitter account: @datajobsbe