Like our users, Google’s projects span the globe. We need managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face every day. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary construction projects that require extensive engineering and project management expertise. Working with internal customers, you will plan and oversee projects from start to finish. This includes managing project internal and external team members, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in project development with engineers.
As a Data Center Services Manager, you will be deeply involved in nearly every aspect of the tactical and strategic operation of our growing global fleet of Data Centers. You will partner with our local and regional facility managers and plant engineers, as well as, our design and construction teams, to develop creative and scalable solutions.
As a highly motivated leader you will have demonstrated experience in the area of complex, multi-disciplinary, and geographically dispersed data center design, development, construction and commissioning projects, and managing large group of diversified team members. You will provide leadership and management for the team delivering large-scale data centers, computer farms, networking, AC power distribution/conversion, and cooling methods at multiple scales. This role manages complex schedules, budgets, and broad inter- dependencies. You will have extensive experience managing large scale technical projects in a rapidly changing industry, be able to tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Manage large, site-wide data center construction and delivery organization managing scopes related to major new construction projects and/or large capital improvement projects in existing facilities utilizing internal and outsourced resources.
- Be responsible for developing detail designs, construction, successful commissioning, close out and hand off to operations with lowest TCO, meeting safety/cost/schedule/quality targets and all customer demands are being met.
- Establish and maintaining delivery models and global relationships with multiple vendors measuring KPIs and metrics.
- Create growth plan and be directly involved in hiring/recruiting of talent in the areas of project management, field engineering, doc control, technical writing, EHS and sustainability, and project controls. Create scalable training programs to ensure the success of newly-added team members.
- Research and implement new construction means and methods of data center equipment and facilities. Carry design concepts into mass production and integrate into facilities.
- BA/BS degree in either Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Construction Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant work experience managing multi-group, multi-disciplinary projects and 5 years of people management experience managing teams.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Enginering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management or related technical field.
- Relevant work experience with data center equipment/environments, including switchgear, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems and working understanding of start up/commissioning processes.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including knowledge of fast track design build processes and associated documents and contracts.
- Knowledge of large scale facility electrical and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated skills in requirements gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling and achieving objectives on schedule within budget. Great attitude with internal customers and external parties, and able to address any issues.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
Lay the foundation for innovation, collaboration and building a better web.
Make Google’s services fast and reliable for billions of users.
Do cool things that matter at Google Saint Ghislain.