- Locatie : Brussels
IT Linguist for the European Commission
Recently DataFlow/ONE Agency has won a big contract (NovaComm) at the European Commission with an estimated budget of 70 million. In the next 4 years the NovaComm-team will help the European Commission to achieve its objectives by providing services for development and management of websites and other digital communication channels.
We are now looking for a motivated IT Linguist to join our NovaComm team working at the premises of the European Commission (DG ConnEct) in Brussels. You will assist in building Futurium, a revolutionary policy-making platform, including front-end participatory tools, knowledge harvesting etc. The objective of Futurium is to change the EU way of doing politics by involving citizens through the leverage of state-of-the art IT tools.
- You will define and implement text mining algorithms to extract and correlate knowledge from unstructured data (e.g. from social media networks).
- You will perform semantic search, sentiment analysis, fact finding,…
- You will work together with the universities of KUL/UCL and Université de Namur.
- Based on your expertise in IT Linguistics you make suggestions that improve the Futurium project.
- You have an academic background in Computational Linguistics, AI or a combination of Computer Science and Linguistics.
- You have experience with programming (complex) algorithms (e.g. in the context of a PhD/thesis)
- You have at least two years experience (academic) experience on one or multiple of the following IT linguistic domains:
· Semantic search
· Data mining
· Text mining
· Sentiment analysis
· Fact finding
Experience with unstructured data is a plus.
You are capable of integrating smoothly in an international environment, self-starting rapidly and are a valuable team player.
You have excellent diplomatic, negotiation and communicative skills.
You are able to explain and justify technical choices to a non-technical audience.
You can speak and write English fluently.
- You will be working at the premises of DG ConnEct in Brussels.
- An open corporate culture that values communication and human interaction.
- Together with our competence manager you determine your individual career path.
- Regular technical workshops and trainings are offered enabling you to obtain certificates.
- Close follow-up by the internal team.
- Numerous social team and business events.
- Dedication and professional talent are rewarded with a competitive salary and extra-legal advantages such as company car, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers ….
Haasrode Research Park
Lien Vander meiren
016 65 20 16